Enhance security and maintain privacy of mission-critical data, even when going wireless. This book covers 802.11 security for Windows, Linux, Macs, Palms, and other PDAs.
Save 50% on Over 200 Books in Wiley's Business Central
Business Central is your one-stop shop for business books. Not only can you easily find best-selling books on topics such as management & leadership, marketing & sales, and personal finance, but you can also save 50% on more than 200 titles from now until March 29. Explore more in Wiley's Business Central.
Wireless technology offers businesses a world of strategic advantages — and a host of security problems. But thanks to McGraw-Hill’s WiFi Security, your company’s mission-critical data can be safeguarded, even against hackers intent on exploiting vulnerabilities in your business’s network brought on by wireless communications.
Written with insight by a leading wireless security expert, WiFi Security:
* Deals explicitly with wireless security for Windows 2000/XP, MAC OS X, Linux, Lindows OS, Palm OS, and PocketPC platforms
* Reviews security approaches for the different standards currently competing for the U. S. market
* Addresses data compromise, unauthorized access, and denial of service — all critical to WLAN users
* Covers the 802.11 IEEE standard with regard to security, performance, and throughput
* Discusses encryption and privacy through the Wireless Equivalent Privacy (WEP) protocol
* And much, much more!