|New from||Used from|
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
COMPLETE COVERAGE OF THE TECHNOLOGY THAT’S MAKING WIRELESS COMMUNICATIONS VIRTUALLY IMMUNE TO HACKERS!
Wireless technology offers businesses a world of strategic advantages — and a host of security problems. But thanks to McGraw-Hill’s WiFi Security, your company’s mission-critical data can be safeguarded, even against hackers intent on exploiting vulnerabilities in your business’s network brought on by wireless communications.
Written with insight by a leading wireless security expert, WiFi Security:
* Deals explicitly with wireless security for Windows 2000/XP, MAC OS X, Linux, Lindows OS, Palm OS, and PocketPC platforms
* Reviews security approaches for the different standards currently competing for the U. S. market
* Addresses data compromise, unauthorized access, and denial of service — all critical to WLAN users
* Covers the 802.11 IEEE standard with regard to security, performance, and throughput
* Discusses encryption and privacy through the Wireless Equivalent Privacy (WEP) protocol
* And much, much more!
Stewart S. Miller has more than a decade of highly specialized technical security and privacy expertise. He has published 11 books in the computer field and over 1000 feature articles. Miller is the country's leading IT security and efficiency management expert. Known best as an executive senior consultant, Stewart has created market analysis/research for hundreds of leading Fortune 500 companies. Stewart has worked with major organizations including IBM and Ernst & Young; he is very well-known for his expertise with complex enterprise systems including SAP, J.D. Edwards, Baan, and PeopleSoft. He has demonstrated his leadership and communication skills as the keynote lecturer for the IBM/SAP Partnership and literally wrote the book on SAP R/3 Certification. Mr. Miller is known to be “the” industry leader as an efficiency expert in both science and technology because he has collectively saved his clients and users of his materials hundreds of millions of dollars. He is also an IBM Certified IT Security Consultant, charter member of the National Association of Science Writers, and has certifications in every module of SAP and PeopleSoft.