Wilderness Medical Society Practice Guidelines, 2nd Paperback – Oct 1 2000
See all formats and editions Hide other formats and editions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Learn the wilderness medical management techniques approved and recommended by the Wilderness Medical Society. These practice guidelines are the official statement of the Wilderness Medical Society on the best methods of handling wilderness-related trauma, illness, or environmental injury. Prepared by thirty-two contributors and reviewed by two panels of the society as well as fifteen international experts, this book discusses treatment goals for twenty-four basic subjects. The Practice Guidelines for Wilderness Emergency Care is a must for anyone dealing with emergency planning, first-aid procedures, or care of persons heading into remote areas for sport or employment. This guide includes information about: Wilderness evacuation, cardiopulmonary resuscitation, submersion, head, and spinal injuries, orthopedic injuries, high-altitude illness, hypothermia, field water disinfection, wild animal attacks, tick-transmitted diseases, immunizations, reptile envenomations and more. (5 1/2 x 8 1/2, 128 pages)
There are no customer reviews yet on Amazon.ca
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
2 of 2 people found the following review helpful
By C. Shepherd - Published on Amazon.com
I was thinking this book would be great to take with me tracking or camping, but honestly I wouldn't waste the backpack space. It is extremely superficial, not much better than introductory first aid. If you have NO experience with first aid or medical experience it would help to a degree. I mean honestly, how to tell if an elbow is out of place is to see if the elbow is pointing the wrong way and hurts. Well DUH! I think an elbow pointing backwards is a good indication of injury.... Being a licensed First Responder and a trained EMT may make me a little critical on the subject but maybe it would work for newbies and beginners.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Alternative Medicine
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Safety & First Aid
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Reference
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Reference
- Books > Science & Math > Reference > Medical
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Hiking & Camping > Instructional
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Mountaineering > Mountain Climbing
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Outdoor Recreation > Hiking & Camping > Instructional
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Outdoor Recreation > Mountaineering & Climbing > Mountain Climbing
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Survival Skills
- Books > Travel > Reference & Tips > Guidebooks