This pan is super cute, very durable and easy to use with a few tips ---
1) Do a practice run if you are using it for an important event and use exactly what you used for your practice run! -- I did a practice chocolate cake and it turned out PERFECT!! For the day of the event I switched to vanilla cake - I don't know if it was the vanilla or bad luck, but the day of my cake was a nightmare!! Practice!
2) When using boxed cake mix, use about 2 boxes -- I have made this cake 3 times with 3 different versions of cake mix and every time I used 2 boxes each run. Your batter may rise over the pan, but once your cake has cooled just use dental floss to drag over the top and even out the base of the cake.
3) For me this cake takes about 90-120 minutes to bake all the way through. I set my oven for an hour and then check with a metal kabob skewer every 10 minutes or so. Even though this cake bakes forever, every single time the cake has been super moist and delicious, so don't stress too much about it drying/burning.
4) SPRAY LOTS OF PAM (or any oil spray)!!! For my day-of cake I sprayed Pam, I swear I did! But somehow the cake WOULD NOT come out of the pan! I am going to assume I didn't spray enough, so make sure you do use enough! My day almost ended in tears, but my mom came up with the great idea to leave the cake stuck in the pan and just decorate the darn pan! Keep this in mind in emergency situations, it makes a great story, especially when you make the person of honor cut the "cake" like I did. lol ;)
5) When you put the pan in the oven, set it in another pan so that it doesn't tip. --- I'm sure I'm showing what an idiot I am, but once when I was baking this cake I set the pan on the oven rack by itself (you bake it as an upside down car, so the cake pan is NOT level). Suffice to say, within 20 minutes my oven was smoking because the whole pan tipped over and 2 boxes worth of cake mix seeped all throughout my oven. My dad had to take the oven apart (tools and everything!) to clean all the layers down to the coils. This was such a dumb mistake that ruined my night of baking (and smoked up the whole house!).
I hope you have as much fun with this cake pan as I have had so far!! Hopefully my tips will eliminate any stress it has the potential to cause!! ;)