You’re beyond the basics, so now dive in and really put your PC to work! This supremely organized reference is packed with hundreds of timesaving solutions, troubleshooting tips, and workarounds. It’s all muscle and no fluff. Discover how the experts tackle Windows 7—and challenge yourself to new levels of mastery!
- Compare features and capabilities in each edition of Windows 7.
- Configure and customize your system with advanced setup options.
- Manage files, folders, and media libraries.
- Set up a wired or wireless network and manage shared resources.
- Administer accounts, passwords, and logons—and help control access to resources.
- Configure Internet Explorer® 8 settings and security zones.
- Master security essentials to help protect against viruses, worms, and spyware.
- Troubleshoot errors and fine-tune performance.
- Automate routine maintenance with scripts and other tools.
- Fully searchable eBook
- Downloadable gadgets and other tools for customizing Windows 7
- Insights direct from the product team on the official Windows 7 blog
- Links to the latest security updates and products, demos, blogs, and user communities
A Note Regarding the CD or DVD
The print version of this book ships with a CD or DVD. For those customers purchasing one of the digital formats in which this book is available, we are pleased to offer the CD/DVD content as a free download via OReilly Medias Digital Distribution services. To download this content, please visit OReillys web site, search for the title of this book to find its catalog page, and click on the link below the cover image (Examples, Companion Content, or Practice Files). Note that while we provide as much of the media content as we are able via free download, we are sometimes limited by licensing restrictions. Please direct any questions or concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org.