Developers are racing to discover how to develop for Windows Phone 7and there is no quicker, more expansive resource on the topic than Windows Phone 7 Recipes. It covers virtually all aspects of development, configuration, testing, and distribution of the platform with detailed code samples and rapid walkthroughs. You'll find recipes that unlock advanced user interface development, data storage and retrieval, integration with Cloud services, adding media and location based services, and working with Silverlight and Expression Blend. Developers with experience working with Windows Mobile and the .NET Compact Framework will find discussion tailored to rapidly learning the new Windows Phone 7 development platform.
Put a professional polish on your Windows Phone 7 development with Windows Phone 7 Recipes!
What youll learn
- Get full exposure to designing, developing, testing, and distributing your Windows Phone 7 applications
- Create compelling user interfaces using Silverlight and Expression Blend
- Understand how to work with device data using isolated storage, LINQ, and XML serialization
- Extend your application to the Cloud using Push Notifications and web based services
- How to distribute your application via the Zune Marketplace
Who this book is for
Before Windows Phone 7, Microsoft mobile device developers have used the .NET Compact Framework. With Windows Phone 7, a new paradigm for application development comes into play which uses Silverlight and a variety of other technologies. Readers new to Windows Phone 7 development will be able to make immediate inroads into professional application development and distribution. Readers with a background in .NET and Windows Mobile development will find this book especially useful with discussions focused on how Windows Phone 7 differs from the .NET Compact Framework development of the past.