From the Back Cover
Go beyond Microsoft's Help guide and discover the true secrets of Windows Vista that are essential to power users. Written by two of the most recognized Windows authorities, this resource provides you with numerous tips, tricks, and undocumented features that aren't available anywhere else. You'll find extensive screenshots, tables, and illustrations that clearly show how to achieve optimal performance, fix desktop problems, and take advantage of the robust features of Windows Vista.
The Insider's Guide to
- Installing and upgrading your system (see Chapter 2)
- Quickly finding and organizing all of your files (see Chapter 5)
- Taking advantage of new security features (see Chapter 8)
- Creating your own movies and DVDs (see Chapter 12)
- Playing state-of-the-art games with amazing effects (see Chapter 14)
- Going wireless using Windows Vista mobility features (see Chapter 15)
- Managing your schedule with Windows® Calendar (see Chapter 20)
About the Author
is the coauthor of 11 Windows Secrets
books. He is also editorial director of the weekly Windows Secrets Newsletter
and author of the Executive Tech column for Datamation
Paul Thurrott is the author of more than a dozen books as well as the news editor of Windows IT Pro Media and editor of the SuperSite for Windows. He writes a daily Windows newsletter called WinInfo Daily UPDATE.