From the Back Cover
Wireless Technologies in general have been growing at a rate thatout shadows the public advent of the Internet. Fueling theincreased interest in Wireless Local Area Networks (WLANs) is therelative and growing ease of availability of wireless Internetaccess for notebook computers, handhelds, such as the Palm andiPAQ's, and the increasingly common use of wireless networks in thehome and office.
To take advantage of the tremendous growth rate that is beingexperienced in Wireless Technologies, service providers have beenfiercely competing to increase market share and build a customerbase, while manufacturers such as Nokia, Eriksson, and Motorola arecreating new user interfaces and feature sets on their telephonesenabling Mobile Internet access.
Now we have the dawning of an evolution in Information Security(InfoSec) we are starting to see a shift from the traditionalwireless Internet access to the more demanding mobile informationaccess across all sectors of business. Wireless technology is thenext information age evolution and it must be a fundamental part ofwhatever system is being designed, whether it's a networkinfrastructure, software package, or database access.
- Explains the fundamental aspects of the history of networkingand wireless through to the latest advances in the field
- Presents a clear and concise, authoritative explanation of whatwireless means in today's communications world
- Provides an unsurpassed information source for Information andWireless security
Written by a highly respected author, this self-contained overviewof wireless data technologies will provide a highly sought aftertechnical reference to all those working within the market place.
About the Author
- The events of September 11 had an immediate impact on travel. Yet each week more Americans are returning to the roads and skies. With 305 titles, Frommer's covers the world, so no matter where travelers decide to go, we'll have the guide for them.
- In economically challenged times, Frommer's will outsell Fodor's because we recommend more moderately priced hotels and restaurants, and unlike Fodor's, we give exact prices.