- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Wireless Data Technologies Hardcover – Mar 14 2003
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Wireless Technologies in general have been growing at a rate that out shadows the public advent of the Internet. Fueling the increased interest in Wireless Local Area Networks (WLANs) is the relative and growing ease of availability of wireless Internet access for notebook computers, handhelds, such as the Palm and iPAQ's, and the increasingly common use of wireless networks in the home and office.
To take advantage of the tremendous growth rate that is being experienced in Wireless Technologies, service providers have been fiercely competing to increase market share and build a customer base, while manufacturers such as Nokia, Eriksson, and Motorola are creating new user interfaces and feature sets on their telephones enabling Mobile Internet access.
Now we have the dawning of an evolution in Information Security (InfoSec) we are starting to see a shift from the traditional wireless Internet access to the more demanding mobile information access across all sectors of business. Wireless technology is the next information age evolution and it must be a fundamental part of whatever system is being designed, whether it's a network infrastructure, software package, or database access.
- Explains the fundamental aspects of the history of networking and wireless through to the latest advances in the field
- Presents a clear and concise, authoritative explanation of what wireless means in today's communications world
- Provides an unsurpassed information source for Information and Wireless security
About the Author
- The events of September 11 had an immediate impact on travel. Yet each week more Americans are returning to the roads and skies. With 305 titles, Frommer's covers the world, so no matter where travelers decide to go, we'll have the guide for them.
- In economically challenged times, Frommer's will outsell Fodor's because we recommend more moderately priced hotels and restaurants, and unlike Fodor's, we give exact prices.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Networking & Cloud Computing > Data in the Enterprise
- Books > Computers & Technology > Networking & Cloud Computing > Networks, Protocols & APIs > Networks
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Electrical & Electronics > Electricity Principles
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Telecommunications
- Books > Science & Math > Physics > Applied
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Networking