No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"...this book has convinced me..." (Communications News, February 2003)
* A Practical Guide for IT Professionals
* Comprehensive "End-to-End" Coverage
* Real-World Perspectives, Strategies, and Solutions
The growth of 802.11b wireless LANs and other wireless technologies-including Bluetooth and WAP-has opened up a whole new frontier in network security. This practical, hands-on guide leads you through the wilderness of competing wireless security solutions-and shows you how to determine the best mix of security components for your organization. Covering everything from intrusion protection and detection to VPNs, event correlation, encryption, antenna placement, and the pros and cons of specific wireless security models, it's all you need to settle on the right wireless security plan-and get it implemented.
Lock Down Wireless Networks
* Understand the five typical wireless security threats
* Discover how network security impacts wireless security, from intrusion protection and detection to host-based security, VPNs, and event correlation
* Get the scoop on wireless security components-WEP and other built-in WLAN features, authentication, encryption, and device placement
* Find out how to integrate wireless into the network security process, from event logging and policies to assessments and change control
* Get detailed advice on implementing specific solutions-LEAP, RADIUS, and an IPSEC VPN client
* Learn how to secure public wireless networks in a café or kiosk and implement secure point-to-point connections for remote or branch offices
Your Hands-on Guide to the Wireless Future