Wizards on Deck with Hannah Montana
|Price:||CDN$ 6.25 & FREE Shipping on orders over CDN$ 25. Details|
Frequently Bought Together
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Climb on board for fun on the high seas as three of your favorite Disney Channel shows come together in WIZARDS ON DECK WITH HANNAH MONTANA -- on DVD for the first time ever! The S.S. TIPTON embarks on a triple-length comedy crossover event when Justin wins a Teen Cruise to Hawaii -- and a chance to meet London. Both Justin and Max do their best to win the heiress's affection, while Cody tries to win concert tickets for Bailey, and Alex accuses Zack of being a prankster. Between the kids' pranks (who turned Justin blue?!) and crazy schemes (Alex sneaks Harper on board to take her make-up science class?!), the excitement goes overboard when international superstar Hannah Montana checks in on her way to a sold-out concert in Hawaii. But when Miley Stewart loses her lucky charm anklet and her Hannah wig, are her days as the world's biggest pop star over forever? It's all here in WIZARDS ON DECK WITH HANNAH MONTANA with three times the fun and triple the laughs! Plus, this new full-length adventure includes exclusive behind-the-scenes footage, hilarious cast bloopers and more!
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Here is a listing of the episodes featured on the DVD and brief summary of the episode:
* Wizards of Waverly Place - Episode 25: Part 1 - Cast-Away (To Another Show) - In this episode, Justin wins a contest for a teenage cruise to meet London Tipton. Excited about the contest and excited about meeting London, Justin's sister Alex and Max come along. But with Alex, due to her missing homework, she is expected to study on the ship so Alex comes up with an idea: To bring Harper along and have her pretend she's Alex, while she has fun with Bailey and uses the alias Ashley Olsen. Meanwhile, Max finds a rival on the cruise, Zach Martin. Meanwhile, Justin meets London but pretends he's a doctor. This episode features a crossover with the characters of "Wizards of Waverly Place" and "Suite Life on Deck".
* The Suite Life on Deck - Episode 21: Part 2 - Double Crossed - Hannah Montana is going to perform on the SS Tipton and Cody tries to impress Bailey by trying to get tickets (despite the concert being sold out). Meanwhile, someone turns Justin blue and Mr. Moseby thinks its Zack, while Justin thinks its his sister Alex. This episode features a crossover of characters from all three shows.
* Hannah Montana - Episode 19: Part 3 - Super(stitious) Girl - Miley, her father Robby Ray and Lilly are onboard the SS Tipton for her concert. But Miley has a setback when she loses her deceased mom's anklet and Miley doesn't think she could perform as Hannah Montana without it. Meanwhile back at home, Jackson, Oliver and Rico open a package meant for Robby. This episode features a crossover of "Hannah Montana" and "The Suite Life on Deck".
VIDEO & AUDIO:
"Wizards on Deck with Hannah Montana" is presented in Full Screen (1:33:1) and is presented in Dolby Digital Surround Sound. For the most part, picture quality is better than the broadcast. Everything was good, although a segment in the "Hannah Montana" episode during a scene which involved Jackson and friends, picture quality looked quite blurry. But for the most part, all three episodes look good on DVD. As for audio, audio is clear and understandable. Personally, I found it much more appealing to have the audio on my receiver set for stereo on all channels.
Subtitles are featured in English SDH and Spanish.
"Wizards on Deck with Hannah Montana" comes with the following special features:
* Bonus Short: Justin's Award-Winning Essay - (3:33) Watch the essay video that got Justin and his siblings on the S.S. TIPTON Teen Cruise!
* It's A Suite Life Having Fun With Hannah & The Wizards - (5:42) Hilarious bloopers and backstage interviews with the stars!
* Dylan & Cole Sprouse: Blu-Ray is Suite - (4:45) A featurette about Blu-ray and High Definition.
* Learn How to Take Your Favorite Movies on the Go - (1:03) A Featurette explaining what a Disney Digital Copy is.
For Disney Channel fans of the original sitcoms "Wizards of Waverly Place", "Suite Life on Deck" and "Hannah Montana", to see a crossover with the three shows is quite rare and exciting for the fans. Well, technically the only episode to feature characters from all three shows is in the second episode "Double Crossed" and for some reason, the cast of the "Wizards of Waverly Place" and "Hannah Montana" do not interact in any of the episodes. Nevertheless, the storylines do tie the characters of each show together.
For the most part, fans of the three-episode crossover can't find anything wrong with this release. For the most part, all episodes are quite entertaining, hilarious and family friendly. I watched the DVD along with my son who enjoyed the crossover when it first aired on television and was excited to see it all over again.
As for the crossover episodes, I did feel that Brenda Song's character London Tipton ("Suite Life on Deck") was a bit too uncaring and self-centered in the special crossover episodes, especially on the "Hannah Montana" crossover episode. But there were a good number of enjoyable scenes throughout the three episodes. I found it interesting to see Bailey and Alex hanging out, Justin and London on a date, Zack and Max square off against each other, Cody and Harper enjoying their intellectual side of each other and more. Also, for "Suite Life on Deck" fans who wanted to see Cody and Bailey grow closer, those fans get to see how it all happens.
The added bonus features on the DVD was a nice touch but I wish they were much longer but for the most part, fans of this special crossover will be entertained by them.
Overall, "Wizards on Deck with Hannah Montana" was a fun, entertaining and hilarious DVD. Each crossover episode is fun for the entire family and for fans of each series series, overall this DVD release is quite solid. Definitely check it it out!
Part 1: Cast-Away (To Another Show)
Parts 1 & 2 are my favorite of the crossover specials. Suite Life and Wizards of Waverly Place are my favorite shows on Disney as of now. This is the Wizards part of the crossover, Justin wins a contest on a free Teen cruise shop to Hawaii on the S.S.Tipton and gets to meet London Tipton (Brenda Song, another crush of mine). Alex, Max & Harper go onboard as well cause some crazy antics with the Suite Life cast. This episode was a strong start and the humor in this episode is actually pretty hilarious. 9/10
Part 2: Double Crossed
This would be considered the Suite Life part of the show, but you won't be able to tell the difference since the characters from part 2 are basically the same from part 1. This episode introduces Hannah Montana to the party of stars and emphasizes the relationship between Cody and Bailey (Debby Ryan, haha another cutie) and fans of their relationship will LOVE this episode. The chemistry between Selena Gomez and Dylan Sprouse in this episode is actually pretty funny, Zack tries to impress Alex and Alex strays away, classic stalker-like humor. Just a note, this is the only episode that features ALL of the shows stars in ONE episode, pretty cool. 10/10
Part 3: Super(sticious) Girl
This is the Hannah Montana arc and my least favorite arc of the trilogy. This part features none of the Wizards cast and I think that was the problem, but theres more. The Hannah Montana arc is not very funny at all, I guess the writers were getting tired from the previous 2 parts and just made up this part of the story last minute or sumthin. Again, Hannah Montana is starting to get really old, the humor was pretty stail and the characters from the Suite Life and Hannah Montana barely collided with one another and that was the problem. For a crossover to be successful, the characters from each show are supposed to interact with each other most of the time, and since they didn't, it just felt like another Hannah Montana episode that randomly features the cast from Suite Life on Deck. The only thing that saves this part of the special is the elavated relationship between Bailey and Cody. But other than that, it was terrible, just skip this part. 4/10
The Disney Channel sitcom characters have been doing this sort of thing for years, but probably never as elaborately in "Wizards on Deck with Hannah Montana," which are basically three half-hour episodes that connect with each other: a winning essay lands the Russo teens on the S.S. Tipton, where Hannah Montana is having a concert. It all comes together rather well, considering how many behind-the-scenes intrigues and approvals it may have involved (all three shows have different productions companies and crews even though they're all original Disney Channel series).
For fans, it's the stuff dreams are made of -- "Wow! Justin is meeting London as if she's a celebrity, and we all know how ditzy she is!" "Wow! Miley and Selena in one show!," etc. There's an interesting short bonus feature about the making of the trilogy with a selection of amusing bloopers, as well as a short feature called "How to Write an Essay," a tongue-in-cheek look at the writing process narrated by David "Justin" Henrie.
It might have been nice to have one or two bonus episodes, since all we get here are a total of three. It also might have been interesting to see how the episodes might have been edited together as if they were a feature/ But it's a convenient way to have the crossover "event," as it were.
As a note for those who like to keep track of these things, the three episodes are: "Castaway (to Another Show);" "Double Crazed" and "Super(stitious) Girl." And as a further note, this is the first Disney DVD I can recall that does not open with Captain Jack Depp saying, "We have our heading" leading to a promo for Blu-Ray.
My 7 year old loves these Disney Channel series shows. This crossover series dvd is a good story line with all three series.
Look for similar items by category
- Movies & TV > Comedy > Kids & Family
- Movies & TV > Kids & Family > Characters & Series > Disney > All Disney Titles
- Movies & TV > Kids & Family > Characters & Series > Hannah Montana
- Movies & TV > Kids & Family > Comedy
- Movies & TV > TV Shows > TV Series > Comedy
- Movies & TV > TV Shows > TV Series > Kids & Family