Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage Personal Care Cook Kindle Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store Cycling Tools minions

on October 1, 2011
The format is a bit overwhelming at first, as it covers the entire spectrum of development from emergent (JK) to Derivational (middle school +). Once you know what level your students are at, however, you can focus in on a couple of sections full of useful lessons and ideas. I have started using the sorts and my students love them. There is also an electronic membership included and we can log on to their website and do some of the sorts on the Smartboard in our classroom. This is the best way to teach phonics/spelling/word study that I have come across so far in my 12+ years of teaching elementary English.
on August 29, 2015
Learning /teaching spelling in a scientific and systemic way. English is my second language and I bought this book to teach my kindergartener how to spell. He is an early reader (reads at grade 4 level when he was in kindergarten), but had trouble with writing journals due to difficulties in spelling. I tested his level according to the instructions then do one exercise every 3 days (exercises requires a separate book of the same series but we downloaded from the internet). Helped him a lot and he is a more confident speller now.
on November 10, 2013
Good product. Allowed me to find where a few students were struggling with spelling and provided activities to help them bump up their spelling skills.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again

Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Words Their Way: Word Sorts for Within Word Pattern Spellers (2nd Edition)
Words Their Way: Word Sorts for Within Word Pattern Spellers (2nd Edition) by Marcia A. Invernizzi (Paperback - April 4 2008)
CDN$ 30.12

Words Their Way: Word Sorts for Letter Name - Alphabetic Spellers (2nd Edition)
Words Their Way: Word Sorts for Letter Name - Alphabetic Spellers (2nd Edition) by Francine A. Johnston (Paperback - April 8 2008)
CDN$ 30.12

Words Their Way Word Sorts for Syllables and Affixes Spellers (2nd Edition)
Words Their Way Word Sorts for Syllables and Affixes Spellers (2nd Edition) by Francine A. Johnston (Paperback - April 16 2008)