Write or be Written: Early Modern Women Poets and Cultural Constraints Hardcover – Mar 28 2001
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
'...a useful volume of essays...All academic collections.' Choice '... this collection marks the growth and increasing sophistication of early modern women's studies, and is thus a welcome addition to the field.' Sixteenth Century Journal 'This collection is well thought out and the essays will provide springboards for further research within this field.' Modern Language Review '... the essays are well researched and presented, ushering in more sophisticated theoretical explorations of the subjects and their poetry than has sometimes been attempted in early works on women from the era... Many of the contributors make unique observations on the women's writing, drawing together texts and contexts in original ways... a useful addition to Renaissance and seventeenth-century literary and women's studies collections.' Renaissance Forum
About the Author
Barbara Smith, College of Mount St Vincent, USA and Ursula Appelt, SUNY-Stony Brook, USA Pamela Hammons, Anne Russell, Margaret J.M. Ezell, Clare R. Kinney, Jacqueline Pearson, Margaret P. Hannay, Joan Pong Linton, Shannon Miller, Andrew Shifflett, Helen Wilcox, Bronwen Price, Jeslyn Medoff.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Europe > Wales
- Books > Literature & Fiction > History & Criticism > Movements & Periods
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Poetry > Single Authors > British & Irish
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Gender Studies
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Women's Studies
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Literature > English Literature