- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Writing Your Journal Article in Twelve Weeks: A Guide to Academic Publishing Success Paperback – Jan 21 2009
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"Writing Your Journal Article in 12 Weeks is the one book I would most recommend to inexperienced academic authors in the humanities or social sciences who seriously wish to see their scholarly work in print. Other books may be quicker to read, but I doubt if any would ultimately prove to be as effective." -- Steven E. Gump 20100315 "Thorough, beautifully organized, and humane. This is a welcome light on a dark process." -- Kevin Peterson 20101207 "Belcher's book uses an interactive format to help writers develop a manuscript for submission from a pre-existing text such as a dissertation/thesis... When I used this book to teach writing for publication, doctorial students responded enthusiastically to the format and tone, which bolstered their confidence and enabled them to confront displacement activities." -- Mary Jane Curry "While addressing the sometimes-unsearchable field of scholarly writing and publishing, Wendy Belcher uses unpretentious, contemporary, and even witty prose that is simultaneously captivating and informative." -- Grant Eckstein 20100503
About the Author
Wendy Laura Belcher is an award-winning author, academic editor, international lecturer, and professor. She designed one of the first publication focused writing courses for graduate students and junior faculty in the nation, and for ten years has conducted such courses at the University of California, Los Angeles, and in research institutions around the world, including those in Norway, Malawi, Sudan, and Egypt. These popular workshops are based on her twenty years of experience as an academic editor, including eleven years managing an ethnic studies press and the peer-reviewed journal of record in the field, Aztlan: A Journal of Chicano Studies, as well as her two master's degrees in the social sciences and a doctorate in the humanities. She is also a published nonfiction author, whose memoir about her childhood in Ethiopia and Ghana, Honey from the Lion: An African Journey, won a Washington State Governor's Writers Award and honorable mention in the Martha Albrand/PEN Society Award for first book of nonfiction. She is now an assistant professor of African literature in the Princeton University Department of Comparative Literature and the Center for African American Studies.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I think this book is a must have for any academic (new or experienced) who needs a bit of guidance on how to get some writing done! Pick it up at your library, test it out, and you might find that you use it so much you need your own copy (like me).
Most recent customer reviews
This book is primarily aimed at writers in the social sciences and humanities. I wish they would state this information in the description. Read morePublished 9 days ago by Amazon Customer
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Management & Leadership > Management
- Books > Education & Reference > Schools & Teaching
- Books > Education & Reference > Studying & Workbooks > Study Skills
- Books > Education & Reference > Test Preparation
- Books > Education & Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Publishing & Books
- Books > Education & Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Writing > Writing Skills
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Management & Leadership > Management
- Books > Self-Help > Personal Transformation
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance > Management
- Books > Textbooks > Education
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Literature > Creative Writing & Composition
- Books > Textbooks > Reference > Writing Skills
- Books > Textbooks > Test Prep & Study Guides