- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Writing the Modern City: Literature, Architecture, Modernity Paperback – Jan 11 2012
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
This is an ideal foundation text, and one that operates too as a springboard in its breadth as well as its finely detailed analyses. - Review 31
About the Author
Sarah Edwards lectures in English Studies at the University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK. Her publications include articles in Women’s Writing, Journal of Gender Studies, Life Writing, Journal of Popular Culture, Adaptation and Review of English Studies. She is currently completing a monograph, The Edwardians Since 1910, and is the leader of an ESRC seminar series, Nostalgia in the 21st Century (2010–11).
Jonathan Charley is Director of Cultural Studies in the Department of Architecture at the University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK. He studied architecture in London and Moscow and works mainly on the political and social history of buildings and cities.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Browse and search another edition of this book.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Sociology > Urban
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Urban Planning & Development
- Books > Professional & Technical > Architecture > Criticism
- Books > Professional & Technical > Architecture > Landscape
- Books > Professional & Technical > Architecture > Urban & Land Use Planning
- Books > Textbooks > Architecture
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Architecture
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Literature
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Sociology