- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Writing Simple Poems: Pattern Poetry for Language Acquisition Paperback – Jul 16 2001
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
'What a truly excellent book this is, a real goldmine for pretty much any teacher with even the vaguest interest in language play and creative language use.' CETEFL, the Internet magazine , Czech Republic
This is a resource book that shows teachers how to use poetry writing as a medium to teach and reinforce structure, vocabulary, parts of speech, and punctuation, as well as other grammar and writing conventions. Appropriate for any age or fluency level, the book can be used by ESL, foreign language, or bilingual teachers as an adjunct to their writing program. It contains 25 easy-to-follow, self-contained lessons, each with poetry models and sample poems written by students of various ages and linguistic backgrounds. The simple patterns in this book will encourage students to express their own ideas creatively and accurately.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education & Reference > Foreign Language Study & Reference > English as a Second Language
- Books > Education & Reference > Schools & Teaching > Instruction Methods
- Books > Education & Reference > Schools & Teaching > Pedagogy
- Books > Education & Reference > Words, Language & Grammar
- Books > Education & Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Writing > Poetry
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Poetry > Writing
- Books > Textbooks > Education
- Books > Textbooks > English As a Second Language
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Foreign Languages
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Literature > Creative Writing & Composition