"This book is an invaluable resource for developers building XMLWeb Services with Microsoft .NET."
-Rob Howard, Program Manager, ASP.NET Team, MicrosoftCorporation
"Given the flood of cookie-cutter books, it's refreshing to find atechnical book written with such an optimal mix of clarity,conciseness, and quality as this one."
-Michael Lane Thomas, .NET Evangelist, Microsoft Corporation
Microsoft's .NET Framework opens up a whole new world of Webservices. This comprehensive guide shows you how to get a handle onthe new .NET and XML Web services tools - and get up to speed onbuilding your own next-generation Web applications. Using plenty ofASP.NET examples in Visual Basic .NET and C#, .NET expert BillEvjen explains step by step how to construct and consume bothsimple and complex Web services. Along the way, he demonstrates howto incorporate many key technologies into your applications,including WSDL, UDDI, Disco, SOAP, authentication, encryption,ADO.NET, and .NET Remoting. Evjen also offers practical tips andtechniques for error and exception handling, optimization, andother advanced issues.
You will learn how to:
* Build XML Web services using ASP. NET and Visual Basic .NET orC#
* Consume Web services in a Web or Windows form
* Describe and discover Web services using WSDL, UDDI, andDisco
* Strengthen Web services by expanding SOAP messages
* Lock in Web services security with authentication andencryption
* Tap in to SQL Server data for your Web services usingADO.NET
* Tackle advanced Web services programming issues
* Work with .NET Remoting
The companion Web site features all the source code from the book.