Compare Offers on Amazon
Year Without Rain NTSC, Box set
|Price:||CDN$ 22.50 & FREE Shipping on orders over CDN$ 25. Details|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfilment centres, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA products qualify for FREE Super Saver Shipping
If you're a seller, Fulfilment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfilment by Amazon .
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
|1. Round & Round|
|2. A Year Without Rain|
|3. Rock God|
|4. Off The Chain|
|5. Summer's Not Hot|
|8. Ghost Of You|
|9. Sick Of You|
|10. Live Like There's No Tomorrow|
|11. BONUS TRACK: Round & Round (Dave Aude Radio Remix)|
|12. BONUS TRACK: A Year Without Rain (EK's Future Classic Remix - Radio Edit)|
|13. BONUS TRACK: A Year Without Rain (Spanish-language version)|
Deluxe CD/DVD edition includes three bonus audio tracks plus a DVD containing over 50 minutes of material. 2010 album from the teen sensation, the follow-up to the hit album Kiss & Tell. Leading off with the danceable track heard all over top 40 radio, 'Round & Round', A Year Without Rain is a collection of great songs spanning Selena Gomez and the Scene's rise as music superstars.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
You will not find a song on this album that talks about getting drunk and partying irresponsibly (like Katy Perry or Ke$ha), or being arrogant and promiscuous (like Miley Cyrus' "Can't Be Tamed"). And that's what I really like about her, this album is mature and fun at the same time. She is reaching for an older audience while still connecting with her younger audience.
I really enjoy all of these songs on this album. My absolute favorites are the soaring "A Year Without Rain", the effervescent song "Off The Chain", the feel-good dance hall jam "Spotlight", and the hauntingly beautiful ballad "Ghost of You". This album is so much better lyrically, vocally, and stylistically than her debut "Kiss & Tell". This album "A Year Without Rain" is strictly dance/techno pop and its very cohesive and calculated (in a good way). "Kiss & Tell" was too all over the place for me, but it was her learning album of where she want's to go with her music. It's obvious after "Naturally" that she chose the dance route because it suits her voice wonderfully.
Speaking of Selena's voice, I am throughly impressed and happy that her voice has matured so much. She seems to have more control and her high notes are so pretty, especially in the song "A Year Without Rain". The one thing I do miss from "Kiss & Tell" was how much more raw it was compared to this album. This album is so slick, shiny and processed to perfection. Which I don't necessarily have a problem with since this is a dance pop album.
Some of the complaints I have read on iTunes reviews are talking about how auto-tuned this album is and that the band is pretty much non-existent. Pop listeners need to remember that this is 2010 and the use of auto-tune is on almost every pop album out these days. It's the trend nowadays and it will pass, but for now this is what is "hot". Hollywood Records has an especially big liking to using auto-tune these days. Listen to Miley Cyrus' album "Can't Be Tamed" and you will hear that it's so overproduced and so auto-tuned you may not be able to hear the real Miley in the songs. At least with "A Year Without Rain" I can still distinguish this is Selena Gomez singing. It's not hardly as overproduced as Miley Cyrus, Emily Osment (like her new songs "Let's Be Friends" and "Lovesick") or Ke$ha so I'm thankful for that at least.
About the band also known as "The Scene", they are really just there to help her perform live. Just because they are a band doesn't mean that they have to take turns being the vocalists. This band is centered around Selena Gomez, we all now that. We didn't buy this CD solely to hear "The Scene" play some instruments, so come on people stop complaining about nothing.
Overall, this is a fantastic album if you love Selena Gomez and dance pop music. If you are looking for rock songs, this is the wrong album for you. Selena's voice has grown so much from "Kiss & Tell" and this album just marks the beginning of a successful, long career in acting, singing and designing fashion. I would recommend this CD to anyone looking for fun music by a talented, beautiful, wonderful role model: Selena Gomez.
But of course I must list the pros of the deluxe. The DVD is awesome. Comes with a documentary, a behind the scenes to a photoshoot and music video for A Year Without Rain (Though the actual music video for this song is not included), the music videos for Round & Round and Naturally. The documentary is very interesting to watch, but the behind the scenes features probably won't get rewatched from me. The music videos can easily be watched online as well.
The deluxe edition also includes a poster which is no more than a 2011 calendar with Selena somewhere on it. I only looked at it once and it was a very forgettable poster.
Now you may be thinking the 3 bonus tracks on the CD are worth it, right? The Round & Round and AYWR remixes are ok, but they are only radio edits. There is another Selena EP that contains 5 full club remixes, two of which are from this album. I would recommend buying that EP instead (Titled The Club Remixes). That only leaves the Spanish version of A Year Without Rain which may hold value to you.
Another problem with having these three songs tacked on at the end is it does not make for an enjoyable repeat listen. Here's how it would go:
11. Round and Round Remix
12. A Year Without Rain Remix
13. A Year Without Rain Spanish edition
1. Round and Round
2. A Year Without Rain
By now, you've already forgotten the rest of the tracks because the album now only focuses on these two songs. To avoid this problem, just get the regular edition of the cd. It provides a more enjoyable repeat listening experience.
I Love All The songs on this Deluxe CD
The Bonus DVD Is A Collectible DVD
1.Girl Meets World Extended
Photo Shoot [A Year Without Rain]
Round & Round Music Video!
Naturally Music Video!
My Favorite Song Would Be
A Year Without Rain Because It Is Fun To Sing To And Very Catchy Beat!
Incase You Dont Know Heres The Tracklist
1.Round & Round-Fun Video and Nice Song
2.A Year Without Rain-Favorite Song
3.Rock God-Not one of my Favorite
4.Off The Chain-Nice Song
5.Summers Not Hot-ok but nice
8.Ghost of you-4th Favorite
9.Sick of you-5th fave
10.Live like theres no Tomarrow-Sweet song [Ramona & Beezus Song]
11.Round & Round [Dave Aude Radio Mix]-Awesome mix
12.A Year Without Rain [eks Future Classic Mix]-i dont like this mix
13.A Year Without Rain [Spanish]-Why would they put this on this cd i dont understand what shes saying
Hope You Like this cd as much as i do thanks!
1. Round & Round - The album's first track and first single. This song started the 'A Year Without Rain' era and was popular during summer. I liked it a lot when it first came out, but then it got a little repeatitive and I think there are better songs on this album. I give it an 8.5/10
2. A Year Without Rain - The album's second track and second and final single. This song inspired Selena to make an album with the concept of "a year without rain" and it turned out very good. I totally fell in love with this song when it came out and it still sounds fresh to me. This song was very popular during autumn. I give it a 10/10
3. Rock God - The album's third track. This song was co-penned by Katy Perry and was recorded for her debut album 'One Of The Boys' I think, but it was never used and Katy gave it to Selena. Its lyrics aren't the most appropiate for Selena's target audience, but for sure the production is awesome and it's pretty well done. I give it a 9/10
4. Off The Chain - The album's fourth track. This song is amazing and is about love, one of the themes involved in the concept of a year without rain. This was supposed to be released as the third single around late 2010 or early 2011, but its release was scrapped after Selena and her band decided to start recording their third album 'When The Sun Goes Down' (I'll later review it). I give it a 10/10
5. Summer's Not Hot - The album's fifth track. This song used to be my favorite on the album but now I think it's annoying, there are much better songs on this album. I give it a 7.5/10
6. Intuition - The album's sixth track. This song has a good message about being positive and ignore the negativity, it's very appropiate for everyone listening to this album since we all have bad days and get very negative sometimes and I really appreciate that. I give it a 9.5/10
7. Spotlight - The album's seventh track. This song also had a good message but this time its target audience is mostly young girls who dislike things about themselves. It's not bad, but the autotune can get very annoying sometimes. I give it an 8/10
8. Ghost Of You - The album's eighth track. This song is a beautiful ballad about a love that left but feels like it's still there, I really liked it. I give it a 9.5/10
9. Sick Of You - The album's ninth track. This is my favorite song on the whole album, it's so fun and talks about a girl or even a boy who broke up with someone and tells that person that they're sick of what they do. I give it a 10/10
10. Live Like There's No Tomorrow - The album's tenth and final track on the standard edition. This song is another ballad and I think it talks about the last moment to say things and enjoy life. I used to love this song but now it's just an ok ballad, 'Ghost Of You' is better. This song was included on the movie 'Ramona & Beezus' where Selena starred as Beezus and was also released as a promotional single. I give it a 8.5/10
11. Round & Round (Dave Audé Remix) - The album's eleventh track (Deluxe edition bonus track). This is a remix of the first single 'Round & Round' and for me it's even better than the original, it's a much better dance song. I give it a 9.5/10
12. A Year Without Rain (EK's Future Classic Remix - Radio Edit) - The album's twelfth track (Deluxe edition bonus track). This is a remix of the second single 'A Year Without Rain' and it changes the original song turning it into a dance song. I loved this remix, it gives the song a completely different feel. I give it a 10/10
13. Un Año Sin Lluvia (A Year Without Rain - Spanish-language Version) - The album's thirteenth and final track (Deluxe edition bonus track). This is the Spanish version of 'A Year Without Rain' and since Spanish is my native language, I understand the lyrics. They were slightly changed, but it's still a love song. Selena's Spanish is impressive, when I first heard this version of the song I didn't even know it was her and I thought it was a native Spanish speaker who sang it, so it was a pleasant surprise to know it was actually Selena singing in Spanish. I give it a 10/10
Overall, this is an amazing album and the best one by Selena Gomez & The Scene. This album is filled with songs about love, breakup, self-empowerment and positivity. These songs will mostly make you dance but some are ballads that will make you emotional. I'd recommend you to buy the Deluxe edition of this album, the bonus remixes are awesome and the Spanish version of 'A Year Without Rain' is really great. The bonus DVD includes 'Girl Meets World' which is a little documentary about how Selena became famous and where she talks about what she feels and her love and esteem for her fans, 'Girl On Film' where you can see the album's photoshoot behind the scenes, the video shoot for 'A Year Without Rain' and the music videos for 'Round & Round' and 'Naturally' (song included on the band's debut album 'Kiss & Tell').