As more and more Canadian boomers are approaching retirement, the transition from accumulating assets in their working years to creating a reliable stream of income in retirement is becoming a top-priority issue for a huge segment of the population. Your Retirement Income Blueprint is an antidote for Canadians who are generally ineptly advised, under-serviced, and over-charged by advisors on planning retirement income. Based on the author's specialized experience in retirement income planning, this book will help readers to work through the many stages of their retirement and adapt their income plans to account for constantly changing health and family issues. The book will help you to:
- Combine government and personal sources of income most efficiently
- Determine which assets to use first and which to defer
- Preserve government benefits and entitlements that are in many cases needlessly wasted or lost
- Create results that are more survivor- and estate-friendly than traditional approaches
- Greatly reduce taxes on retirement income and to the aggregate estate.
Your Retirement Income Blueprint lays out a six-step process for "taking apart" accumulated assets, making the most out of what you have taken a lifetime to save, and creating an income that lasts as long as you do.