march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage vpcflyout Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Furniture Tools Family

on April 4, 2014
Bought this product a few years ago through Amazon. I chose this product over other Japanese brand because of the removable inner lid. I loved it and the programming features are great, electronically.

The inner pan, however, did not meet up to my expectations. The bubbling ring on the side of the pan started within half a year. It's been a few years now and now it's peeling! This did not seem to be a normal tear and wear so I've contacted the manufacturer. They are aware of the problem, but they will only replace the pan within a year, and they also have no intention of improving the coating in future productions.

I may simply have had the bad batch of the product, but buyers be ware! Keep a close eye on the condition of the inner pan and have it replaced right away (through Zojirushi) if you see any bubbling!
on June 3, 2014
3 things make a great rice cooker:
1. thick inner pot
2. long cooking time (sounds not reasonable? but it's true, trust me!)
3. enough pressure

Zojirushi rice cooker has all above pros. I have used it for 3 years, everyday. It produces perfect rice for me always.

P.S. I love the timer, I just set it before leaving home every morning, and enjoy rice after home every evening.
on December 1, 2011
It's a great device, offers different type of rice cooking. As for the time it takes for the rice too cook, the "quick" cook mode takes about 25 mins to cook only 2 cups of rice... which is excessively slow. I have owned another brand "Tiger" ricecooker, and this is definitvely a slow ricecooker. Other than that, it is good.
on December 26, 2014
Who new I needed a rice cooker? I'd always made rice using the stove-top method and since I generally achieved good results I'd never considered a rice cooker until I saw one at a friend's house. The immediate attraction was having the ability to start the rice when leaving the house and having it ready when I returned. The added benefit was knowing I'd have perfect rice every time. Now I have no idea how I managed without this. Excellent for all varieties of rice. The "keep warm" feature works perfectly. Great "sous chef" if you entertain a lot. An excellent investment IMHO. Its one of the few kitchen appliances I wouldn't hesitate to replace immediately if it ever broke or got damaged.
on November 19, 2012
Nice product. Well made. Good price. Instructions could be more user friendly.
The first shipment was "lost" but Amazon rushed out another and I received it
within 5 calendar days of my notification of product not received. Kudos to Amazon.
Failure on UPS for "losing" the 1st shipment.
on March 14, 2014
I love this rice cooker! It makes great sushi rice, basmati rice and brown rice (have use the 'quick cook' setting so rice is not mushy). What we have enjoyed the most is cooking steel cut oats overnight - when you get up in the morning they are warm and ready to eat.
on September 19, 2015
I used this rice cooker when I lived in Japan, and I didn't want to live in Canada without one. It arrived quickly and works perfectly.
Zojirushi makes the best rice cookers, and this is the least expensive model you can find. Great value, completely recommend !
on February 2, 2013
I couldn't be happier with my rice cooker. No brown crusties on the bottom and rice is always perfect. I usually cook parboiled rice or brown rice and both turn out perfect. Just sorry I didn't buy this sooner
on August 26, 2013
Compared to my old rice cooker, this is a dream. Great capacity, easy and no heavy cleanup job when the rice is done.
on December 13, 2015
Decent rice cooker. Works well and makes great tasting rice

See 1 answered question