Compare Offers on Amazon
+ CDN$ 31.94 shipping
Zojirushi SL-ME07GS Ms Bento Stainless Lunch Jar
|List Price:||CDN$ 98.99|
|You Save:||CDN$ 36.00 (36%)|
- Great easy to carry insulated bag
- Includes chopsticks and holder
- Capacity: Main bowl 10.9 oz/ Side bowl 11.6 oz
- Heat retention: 153 F @ 6 hrs
- Microwaveable inner bowls, Washable containers, Color: Aqua Blue.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
The new Ms. BentoTM Stainless Lunch Jar with durable stainless steel construction and excellent heat retention, 2 microwaveable inner bowls, washable nonstick outer container, chopsticks, chopsticks holder and easy to carry tote bag included
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
1. BPA free plastic so this petrochemical plastic does not leech into your food. This happens faster when you add hot items.
2. air tight lid - current lid takes away from the units ability to keep food hot for a longer time. The lid does have a thin rubber seal but it is not airtight so heat and water escapes.
The bento bag that comes with it is large enough to fit the container(s) plus a water bottle or beverage thermos which can be held in place with an elastic strap.
One thing that I've learned from preparing my own bento lunches is portion control. It's really easy to pack a lot of calories into what appears to be tiny containers. Because it looks small and compact, it's easy to think you're not getting as much food as you would get when plated. This particular set is good for those who may need extra help with portion control. Granted, if I were to have soup for a lunch, I would want more than the larger compartment holds. Again, it's great if you're watching how much rice or protein you'll be eating.
I honestly don't mind the many lids. I can see how a child would be impatient and eager to go out and play with the other kids. A busy adult who has 10 minutes to eat may want to consider something else, but for someone who has about 20 minutes, it's not that complicated.
The chopsticks are great for my small hands. I tend to have trouble using the larger ones (think cooking sized) so I was happy to get something that I could nimbly use.
Overall, this Zojirushi product was worth the price. I got two stacking compartments, a carrying bag, and chopsticks with case. The amount of food I can pack into it lasts me through to my next meal, which is often 3-5 hours later. It's easy to clean, and easy for me to use.
I highly recommend it...and I am going to buy another one for myself.