Ok, so this is probably not the best protection for your iPod, but what do you want for 6 bucks? I'm cheap. If you're not, buy something more expensive perhaps...
- It does protect the screen and click wheel nicely.
- The flip-up top magnetically shuts and holds securely, which I guess helps if you happen to drop it.
- The belt clip is ridiculous. It's not a stationary clip. Instead it spins around, which makes the likelihood of it falling off your hip greater. This product is not for the joggers.
- The leather strap that comes with it is too short, which makes it difficult to operate the iPod when it's around your neck.
- It seems that the magnets leave marks on the areas not mentioned under Pros above. But, as long as you never take your iPod out of the case, no worries.
- This is made for the 30 GB iPod Video, but it's actually a little big for it. It leaves room for the iPod to slide up and down in the case. It makes accessing the HOLD switch difficult sometimes when the flip-up top is down. It's easier to just open the top.
If you don't care about the cons and you are cheap like me, go ahead and buy it.