Profile for The Wraith > Reviews

Content by The Wraith

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

The Wraith

Page: 1 | 2
Reaver (Demonica)
Reaver (Demonica)
Offered by Hachette Book Group Digital, Inc.
Price: CDN$ 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Larissa Ione hit it out of the park... with Reaver and Harvester..., Feb. 9 2014
This review is from: Reaver (Demonica) (Kindle Edition)
The destined two. The one story I waited for. The one I didn't want Larissa to write because Reaver and Harvester gave us a build up in each previous novel that I looked forward to and didn't know how the she would pull their relationship off... and I turned each page with delight. The Hell in this book was dark and relentless. You get a strong sense of the suffering and tragedy of the entire existence of Harvester and she becomes our loved girl. I found the past relationship scenes tied in so deeply in this book that the story flowed with precision. Reaver was the kind soul that took the responsibility of Harvester to a wonderful loving level. It was an entertaining novel that made me laugh with the wit and sigh with the torment. All of our previous loved couples were supporting in this novel and it was wonderful to see the development of Reaver the dad. Ultimately the love that Reaver and Harvester had for each other shone in the novel and was themed by sorrow and anticipation. The very kiss that opens the flood gates of trust and need was followed by steam and sensual delight.

Oh, and the set up for the next novel... *evil snickers* Bring It!!!

Decisions: Making the Right Decisions, Righting the Wrong Ones
Decisions: Making the Right Decisions, Righting the Wrong Ones
by Jim Treliving
Price: CDN$ 18.80
14 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book and easy to read., Aug. 25 2013
Jim Treliving's book is a very good read. I have very much enjoyed the book and the experiences that he has shared. I have recommended this book to friends.

Last Kiss Goodnight: An Otherworld Assassin Novel
Last Kiss Goodnight: An Otherworld Assassin Novel
by Gena Showalter
105 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Gena... really?, June 9 2013
I have been thrilled with Gena SHOWALTER's writing style over the years. She has wit, plot, and smoulder. Unfortunately her last two books have set me back in my chair. They lack sizzle. Just as in this case. The romance was not built up... strange considering you had to read through 80 per cent of the book to hit the good stuff. The kissing and longing only take you so far. Ultimately this is a book about two people that suffered terribly over the duration of their lives. It would be a difficult set up for the plot as it is. Unfortunately this book did not have the calibre of Gena's previous series books. This is the second book now where I have pulled it back and looked at the cover to make sure Gena's name was on it. Too bad. I don't know how long I can stay with this new writing style from Gena as there is a lot of good stuff out there... sorry. This book was bad.

Beauty Awakened (Angels of the Dark)
Beauty Awakened (Angels of the Dark)
Price: CDN$ 6.15

2.0 out of 5 stars Give Me Showalter Sizzle Back, April 8 2013
Oh I have been so thrilled with Gena Showalter's work in the past. It was like someone else wrote this book. The story really fell short in direction. At one point I shut the book and just looked at the author again to make sure it was Gena's name on the front of the book. Truly the book cover has more sizzle than the contents. The story line had repetitive conversations and it was actually distracting. Not to reveal a spoiler, but the heroine has a a bad heart and she gets faint when the heat is on. After a number of episodes where she faints during the start of passion, it became laughable. Don't get me wrong, you can tell from the onset that there is love between these characters, but really, come on, the spark and sizzle were not in this book. Unlike other reviewers, I quite liked the spiritual context of the book. This has never concerned me in a story as I have a strong belief. I think it is tasteful really given this context. Ultimately there was a gap in the delivery of of a romance story. It lacks the details and depth that I have come to expect with Gena's work. I too had to stop and try to get more from the words as it seemed to fall short in parts where things should be important. The series has taken a hit with this one and that is too bad as I was all thrilled my boys from the LOTU were making some appearances. The saddest thing is the potential lost in this storyline and how difficult it will be to commit to the series in the future.

You know that scene from Seinfield where Kramer comes in with his $ and says "I'm Out"? Well, he didn't have this book in his hands when he did it. Bring our Showalter Sizzle Back!!!

Dreams of a Dark Warrior
Dreams of a Dark Warrior
93 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Deeeelightful!!!, March 14 2011
If Kresley reads this review, I would want her to know she brought magic to the pages in this book. Thank you Kresley, yet again you have rocked the IAD World. This book binds the past books and sets up the future plot lines with ease. By far my favorite IAD character was Cadeon... until Declan. Declan's character is intricate and woven to depict a man that we understand and oozes with sensuality. Regin was fabulous yet again. You can feel the tension between them and go through each twist and turn with them in their story. The book is a keeper and I will be rereading it because there was so much detail packed into each page. It made me gasp, it made me laugh, it made me yell... loved every bit of it. My girl Nix is her cray cray self and it was great to see into the way she wheeled this plot. If only I could spend a weekend in her mind and conjur up these wicked happeninings - it would ROCK.

Awesome, awesome, awesome... how is that for a review?!?! LOVE THE IAD SERIES TO THE MAX!!!!

A Hunger Like No Other
A Hunger Like No Other
Price: CDN$ 9.02
124 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC... Cheers from all!!!, Sept. 25 2010
Yet another Kresley COLE book that rocked the Immortals After Dark Series. It was riveting and compelling. Lots of times you get where a book is going and this book was a new shift on each page, with the common drift in heated romance. All of the momentum was clear with this novel and it entertained completely. I laughed, belly laughed, right out with parts of the book. I won't spill the details but NIX is rocking in this novel and she Brings It like she always does. This book was captivating and I loved the flesh play, LOVED IT. Such a sexy story. You will not be disappointed. Kresley can cook up a good story that keeps you wanting more and more. OK, I just had to put MORE into the review because every time I read it in Kresleys books, heart stopping flesh play follows... well and we all like that don't we.

Dark Needs at Night's Edge
Dark Needs at Night's Edge
100 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it.. Yet again Kresley spins a sensuous web, Sept. 20 2010
I had this book more than once in my hand to start to read and opted for another of Kresley's books. What can I say... it was the whole ballerina ghost thing. I didn't think I would be into it at all. Then I decided to settle in and found it to be just wonderful. The flesh play is exciting and very sensuous. It was surprising how the book webbed into the other series and was pivitol to the direction of the overall story. Kresley's books rock and it is yet another novel that is compelling to the Immortals After Dark Series. This series is fabulous and once you break the seal and start in on them, you will be sharing a neet experience that the rest of us are swept into.

Bottom line- this book is a great read, compelling, and extremely sexy. If you are shy about that stuff you probably won't like the eroticism but if it is something that is entertaining for you there is nothing better... nothing. Like I said Kresley Rocks. You can't get better than having The WOEDE weaving his way into the pages. Highly, Highly recommend the series... Slam it down and Bring IT....

Demon from the Dark
Demon from the Dark
95 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Not the same Kresley COLE book., Sept. 11 2010
I just finished this novel from the Immortals After Dark Series. I was surprised by the slower pace of writing as I was drawn to the writing style of the previous books. The pace is drawn out a bit in this one. The characters have a language barrier for a majority of the book and for me that held back on the bonding into the relationship with the characters. I felt uncomfortable with the whole translation stuff and it went on a bit long. My girl NIX doesn't have a presence much and I so much love her in the series. However, I was excited when my baby Rydstrom makes a brief appearance but his presence isn't the same strong character either. The overall mingling of characters is nice but it was a bit hard to relate to the build up at the end of the group planning a rescue and then a cliffhanger on what happened. It is still a good read and I enjoyed the intermingling of story lines. The whole He's my fated one and I am going to retaliate has been a theme on this novel and it was surprisingly old by the end. I still liked the book and found it intreguing... a must have for the series. Let it roll baby! Bring on the next one!

No Rest for the Wicked
No Rest for the Wicked
111 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, Sept. 10 2010
This book was a wonderful read. I really enjoyed the writing style as it doesn't fit in the typical romance novel clique. The flesh play is really intreguing and I can't wait for another Kresley COLE book. I ranked this one at a 5 because I am keeping it to re read and save as a great novel. I highly recommend her series and they have all been awesome. All I can say is Fabulous... yet again.

The Captain of All Pleasures
The Captain of All Pleasures
33 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious Read, Sept. 9 2010
Wow, what a wonderful story. I couldn't believe this was Kresley COLE's first novel. She is a fabulous author. This book is captivating and takes the breath away. Very well written and witty. Loved every page.

Page: 1 | 2