Profile for CurlyB > Reviews

Content by CurlyB

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

CurlyB (Canada, Ontario (Belleville))

Page: 1 | 2
South Park: The Complete Sixth Season
South Park: The Complete Sixth Season
DVD ~ Trey Parker
Price: CDN$ 19.97
33 used & new from CDN$ 14.48

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible Case, April 30 2012
Don't be fooled by the picture; if you're looking for the older style cases, then don't purchase from Amazon; you'll get the cheap plastic one. I'm giving this one star so people will know this before purchasing if you're like me who's collecting them all in the older case styles. Other than this, the season itself is awesome; one of the best Seasons of South Park I'd say! :)

South Park: Season 1 [3 Discs]
South Park: Season 1 [3 Discs]
Offered by OMydeals
Price: CDN$ 71.25
18 used & new from CDN$ 6.16

4.0 out of 5 stars YES!, April 6 2012
The first season of South Park will always be, by far, my favorite. If anyone is wanting to watch it, this would be where to start off. Although, I do have one complaint. And it's not towards the DVD itself, it's towards the price here on Amazon. It doesn't need to be this high. I just bought this first season (same case) for $25 at HMV for my friend's birthday. If you want to get this DVD, order it from sam's club in Belleville, or from HMV.

Kid Icarus: Uprising - Nintendo DS Standard Edition
Kid Icarus: Uprising - Nintendo DS Standard Edition
Offered by GAME KINGDOM
Price: CDN$ 85.95
7 used & new from CDN$ 49.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome! ... But lacking :(, March 28 2012
Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Alright, so compared to the original Kid Icarus, this Uprising lacks in difficulty! Majorly. Even though their 'pun intended' jokes are cute, I don't want them in Kid Icarus :( Kid Icarus just seems, to me, more of a 'serious' game than a joking kids game. They should've thought back to the original before making this one. I do seriously love the flight, as Pit couldn't fly in the original, but it's seriously lacking a bunch of things. I wish they will either create a sequel or another Kid Icarus remake, and hopefully will kick it up a notch! (Hopefully for the Wii lol)

Official Valve Portal Weighted Companion Cube Plush
Official Valve Portal Weighted Companion Cube Plush
Offered by The Digital Vault
Price: CDN$ 37.77
2 used & new from CDN$ 37.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute and Cuddly!, March 16 2012
I bought this (at a cheaper price, btw) on thinkgeek.com. It's so fluffy and cuddly and I sleep with it every night :3 seriously, every portal fan HAS to have one!

PokePark Wii: Pikachu's Adventure - Standard Edition
PokePark Wii: Pikachu's Adventure - Standard Edition
11 used & new from CDN$ 30.42

4.0 out of 5 stars ehehehehe, March 6 2012
Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
So, I bought this game for myself about ... maybe 4 months ago. Let me tell you, I devoured it. Loved the graphics, loved the story line, and I fell deeply for a lot of the pokemon (even though they were obviously just animations, they had a lot of emotion)! I keep reading about how this game is meant for ages up to 11, but I'm 19, and I loved it (so did my friends and my fiancee)! It's not just for little children, it's for adults as well. By far, one of the best pokemon games for consoles other than hand held's (my original favorite was the Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness for the gamecube). I just bought the Pokepark 2, and I'm hoping the sequel will be just as great as this one was :)

South Park 2012 Calendar
South Park 2012 Calendar
by MeadWestVaco Corporation
Edition: Calendar
2 used & new from CDN$ 39.63

3.0 out of 5 stars It's an awesome calendar ... but WTH about the price?!, Feb. 29 2012
I got this calendar on ebay for $30. It's freakin' hilarious and awesome. But going on Amazon ... over $100 for a Calendar alone?! What idiot would purchase this at that price? If more people decide to lower this price, these would be selling like crazy. -2 starts due to price >:(

Heavy Metal
Heavy Metal
Price: CDN$ 13.49
23 used & new from CDN$ 6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Excluding the case, awesome :), Feb. 23 2012
This review is from: Heavy Metal (Audio CD)
So, I love almost every song on here (except Stevie Niks. I'm sorry, I don't like this song >.<). Other than the fact that the CD case was chipped, cracked and broken, the CD still worked like a charm. Thanks, Amazon, for giving me my 2nd cracked case btw -.- You guys REALLY seem to know how to make me feel scared when ordering stuff through you.

But, excluding that fact, the CD is awesome, the movie was even better; it's a must have for any Heavy Metal fan :D

High School of the Dead: Complete Collection
High School of the Dead: Complete Collection
Offered by Fulfillment Express CA
Price: CDN$ 48.58
23 used & new from CDN$ 29.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Could've ended a little better, Feb. 20 2012
Fan service galore! I'm no lesbian, but watching this makes me wanna turn >xD Action, Action, ACTION! That's all I can really say about this. It was a fantastic 12 episode season, although there's only 1 downside I can think of ... How it ended. *Warning: Possible spoilers*! Whatever happened to the friend? What happens to the rest of the world now that there's no technology? What happened to their parents? It just abruptly ended without any way for us knowing what's happening next. I kinda wish I knew what started the zombies, but I suppose I can live without knowing. They should definitely make a 2nd season! 4 stars due to the ending :)

Fruits Basket: The Complete Series (2nd edition box set)
Fruits Basket: The Complete Series (2nd edition box set)
2 used & new from CDN$ 70.82

5.0 out of 5 stars Too bad they never came out with Season 2 :(, Feb. 16 2012
This anime is almost better than the manga! It follows the manga very closely. My only disappointment is the fact that they stopped the series a quarter way through. It would've been awesome if they kept it up! I would love to see the whole Manga series (now that it's all finally completed) into an anime, and once it does ... I'll be sure to throw out this edition and grab the complete one :)

Heavy Metal (Special Edition)
Heavy Metal (Special Edition)
DVD ~ Richard Romanus
Price: CDN$ 19.99
31 used & new from CDN$ 8.50

5.0 out of 5 stars YES YES YES!, Feb. 16 2012
I remember back when I was a kid, my father (almost every Saturday night) would turn on Heavy Metal and Fire & Ice. He'd sit in his almost broken recliner chair, grab a beer and crank Heavy Metal as loud as he could. I remember I wasn't allowed to watch it, but, like all sneaky kids, I kept myself in a corner, and I loved every minute of it. Being 18 now, I still love it to death (along with Fire & Ice). I even got my fiancée to love it as well! Yes, this was made WAY before my time, but it's still a classic in my heart. If I had to choose between the Lion King and Heavy Metal, everyone who knows me knows I'd shove my VHS version of Heavy Metal in :3. Although, now that it's on DVD (and my VCR is getting old, and considering this was a recorded copy off the TV, it's being all glitchy), I'm probably going to have to buy the DVD version of this. I wonder if the audio has been enhanced or not ... ? Still, this little baby deserves 5 stars <3

Page: 1 | 2