Profile for Eric Despres > Reviews

Content by Eric Despres

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Eric Despres

Page: 1 | 2
GTMax 2x NB-10L Replacement Digital Camera Battery + Microfiber Cleaning Cloth for Canon PowerShot G1 X, PowerShot SX40 HS/Canon SX50 HS, G15

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money, Sept. 5 2013
I bought this battery as a backup to the Canon battery that came with my camera. I didn't use it for a few months since I wasn't using my camera. I took it with me as a second battery on the first trip I took after receiving it. I noticed after a few uses that it did not hold its charge as well as the original Canon battery. I took it on a second trip a few months later and noticed that it would not hold a charge for more than a few days even if barely used. I contacted the reseller and they indicated that their 90 day warranty was up so I should contact the manufacturer. Try as I may, I was not able to find an email address for GTMAX ( a Chinese company). They didn't have a web presence, and the only thing they have now is a website "under construction". I was able to find a Hong Kong number but figured it would cost me as much as the battery. The battery now discharges from a full charge as soon as you load it in the camera. It will not even power the camera once after the Canon charger indicates that the batter is fully charged. I would give it zero stars if I could.

Winner-Take-All Politics: How Washington Made the Rich Richer--and Turned Its Back on the Middle Class
by Jacob S. Hacker
Price: CDN$ 13.71
55 used & new from CDN$ 1.27

5.0 out of 5 stars Thought Provoking, Jan. 29 2013
I am still reading this book, but almost finished. It started out slowly but I am now finding it very interesting. Lots of insight into how we got to where we are. Great investigative work of the shift in Washington from supporting the growth of the middle class to supporting the further enrichment of the very well off.

Adventures of Mark Twain [Blu-ray] [Import]
Adventures of Mark Twain [Blu-ray] [Import]
Price: CDN$ 18.63
17 used & new from CDN$ 12.33

4.0 out of 5 stars Improved resolution, Jan. 29 2013
I own this movie on VHS. This blu-ray version is a much improved viewing experience. The movie itself is a classic in my opinion.

i.Trek Vehicle Suction Cup Mount and Bracket for Garmin Nuvi 50LM (Black)
i.Trek Vehicle Suction Cup Mount and Bracket for Garmin Nuvi 50LM (Black)
Offered by Eshopic
Price: CDN$ 25.35
6 used & new from CDN$ 16.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value., Jan. 29 2013
I ordered this after I left my Suction Cup Mount and Bracket in a rental car in Orange County Calfornia. It fit like a charm to my Garmin GPS. Great price. Delivered as promised.

R.E.D. (Special Edition) (Bilingual [Blu-ray]
R.E.D. (Special Edition) (Bilingual [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Bruce Willis
Price: CDN$ 7.96
29 used & new from CDN$ 4.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Entertaining, Dec 29 2012
First of all I would like to qualify that my favourite genre of movies is action, but not mindless or gratuitous action. This movie has lots of action but also comedic relief and a love interest. The story has sufficient twists and turns to add intrigue. Bruce Willis and John Malkovich do a great job. The blu-ray version has great resolution and sound. I got it on sale for $10.00 so it I consider it an extremely good value.

WIN A DATE WITH TAD HAMILTON
WIN A DATE WITH TAD HAMILTON
Offered by newtownvideo_ca
Price: CDN$ 3.14
37 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly Likeable, Sept. 15 2012
This review is from: WIN A DATE WITH TAD HAMILTON (DVD)
I bought this movie for my 18 year old daughter. I prefer action movies, but occasionally enjoy a romantic comedy. I was pleasantly surprised by this movie. It is a feel good movie with some good comedic moments.

The End of Growth
The End of Growth
by Jeff Rubin
Price: CDN$ 18.77
18 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, Sept. 15 2012
This review is from: The End of Growth (Hardcover)
This book is extremely well written and very informative. I read it in a week, like I would a novel. It has given me new insights on the most likely scenario for the world economy for at least the next decade.

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon / Tigre et Dragon (Bilingual)  [Blu-ray]
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon / Tigre et Dragon (Bilingual) [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Chow Yun Fat
Price: CDN$ 16.98
2 used & new from CDN$ 16.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Movie, March 13 2011
Great movie. This movie was made for DVD with its sweeping landscapes and fast moving action. Definitely worth while on blu-ray. Eric

Roxanne [Blu-ray] (Bilingual) [Import]
Roxanne [Blu-ray] (Bilingual) [Import]
DVD ~ Steve Martin
Offered by Warehouse105
Price: CDN$ 14.66
17 used & new from CDN$ 8.98

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favourite romantic comedies, March 13 2011
This is one of my all time favourite romantic comedies. I bought the DVD several years ago and jumped at the chance to buy the Blu-ray when it became available. It is quite an improvement over the DVD. THe sound is better and the picture is much better in terms of clarity and resolution. I would definitely do it again. Eric

The Neverending Story - L'Histoire sans fin (Bilingual) [Blu-ray]
The Neverending Story - L'Histoire sans fin (Bilingual) [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Noah Hathaway
Price: CDN$ 9.99
28 used & new from CDN$ 6.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Movie, March 13 2011
This is a great movie for children of all ages (including adults like me). I watched this on DVD when my kids were young about 25 years ago, and have owned the DVD for several years. I decided to "move up" to the Blu-ray version and was not disappointed. Both the picture and sound are considerably bigger. Eric

Page: 1 | 2