Profile for Captain Trips > Reviews

Content by Captain Trips

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Captain Trips

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
The Waste Lands: (The Dark Tower #3)(Revised Edition)
The Waste Lands: (The Dark Tower #3)(Revised Edition)
86 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars The Waste Lands, July 9 2004
The Waste Lands is the best in my opinion so far as the first three books. I also thought this was the most enjoyable of the first three to read, though a couple spots where King overwrote.
It was kind of dissapointing at the ending to just leave the book hanging like it did, but it was a good idea, cuz it will lure people to read the fourth right away.
It was interesting how the ka-tet all had in some way knew what was going to happen in the future. It was kingd of interesting probably the most interesting with Jake. How he came back to Rolands world after he dies? or did he not?
I also liked the fact that this book was the first to introduce Flagg or a hint that it was Flagg. I basically thought that because of- MY LIFE FOR YOU! which was Trashcanman's favorite line in the Stand. I'm sure thier be a lot more of Flagg and the Tick-Tock MAn in Wizard and Glass.
So overall this is the best so far in the series. I also thought of it as being the most complete of the first three.
So if youve read the first two I strongley recommend THe Waste Lands.

A Crow Left Of The Murder
A Crow Left Of The Murder
Offered by thebookcommunity_ca
Price: CDN$ 32.33
18 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars A Crow Left Of The Murder, July 5 2004
When Morning View came out I was really excited to get it. Yet I was highly dissapointed with the album, so I was not expecting much from A Crow Left of The Murder. I was a little suprised because though it still wasn't make yourself or science it was a great comeback from morning view. I wouldn't even consider morning view a rock album.
This album had good amount of decent songs on it, yet most sounded the same. And it's kinda weird now, it's like Mike is experimenting with different guitars now. Because Morning view sounded a whole lot different the Make Yourself than Crow Left of the Murder had a totally different guitar sound than Morning View.
Anyway this is a decent album, and it's much better than Morning View. Though their best is still Make Yourself.

Presence
Presence
Price: CDN$ 5.00
49 used & new from CDN$ 1.50

3.0 out of 5 stars Presence, July 5 2004
This review is from: Presence (Audio CD)
I did not care for Presence that much. Though it had one of the best songs onit- Achilles Last Stand. But I can understand why this album was Zep's downside. I mean every bands going to have a stinker, and plus, this was nearing Zep's breakup. I give it 3 stars though because of Achilles LAst Stand and Nobody's Fault but mine. Though I will say that one of my least favorite songs from Zep is Candy Store Rock.

The Drawing of the Three: (The Dark Tower #2)
The Drawing of the Three: (The Dark Tower #2)
67 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Drawing of the Three, July 1 2004
This second book in the DT series is much more understandable and enjoyable to read than The Gunslinger. It also caught me by complete suprise that Odetta and Detta was the same person. I also enjoyed the first part- The Prisoner. It was like I was reading the Godfather.

The Hunt for Red October
The Hunt for Red October
by Tom Clancy
60 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars The Hunt For Red October, June 30 2004
I was really dissapointed in this book. It's the first and only book i've read by clancy. The book starts out ok during the first few pages, but after that it gets purely ridiculous. Page after page after page of technical information on nuclear submerines.
I've heard by a lot of people that this is his best book. If thats the case then his other books must be horrible. Nothing even remotely related to suspense or action occured during the first 300 pages of the book. Clancy just BSed his way through this. Then at the end, when their was some action it was hard to follow. Everybody saying- Comrade Captain, Alfa spotted at 2-3-7 at 7 knots reduce speed by 1/3! Aye,Aye, Captain. Speed reduced by 1/3.
BS like that. So I will try another one of his books to see if it's any good. But I would not recommend this book. Its a real turnoff.

The Gunslinger
The Gunslinger

4.0 out of 5 stars The Gunslinger, June 14 2004
This first book in the series was a difficult read. It had a lot of what roland and his thoughts which were hard to understand and kept you asking the question all through the book- What is he doing, What is he trying to do or to get to. The obvious reason is he's trying to get to the Dark Tower, but you don't know quite why. Though it explains in the book that not even he knows why which is kind of funny.
Don't let this first DT book discourage. The second one is much better and reads like a regular novel. So I would just bere through this book so you can get to the 2nd.

Remasters
Remasters
Price: CDN$ 13.76
39 used & new from CDN$ 7.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Led zeppelin remasters, June 14 2004
This review is from: Remasters (Audio CD)
Wow! This 2disc set cost 27.99? I got it at best buy for 18. This is really for fans who don't want to go to the trouble and buy each cd of thiers. This mostly has all the good ones. Though they left out asome really good ones- What is and what should never be and When the levee breaks. But its still got mostly everything you need. This would be an exellent cd for starters.

The Darksteel Eye: Mirrodin Cycle, Book II
The Darksteel Eye: Mirrodin Cycle, Book II
by Jess Lebow
40 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Darksteel Eye, June 7 2004
This book was quite boring. Mirrodin was pretty slow too but this one was just hard to finish even though is was about 300 pages long. One problem I noticed from the time I picked up the book was that it was a different author from who wrote Mirrodin. I mean come on! HOw can you make a succesful block with 3 different authors(Fifth DAwn has a different author as well).
Also theres not enough characters, you get tired of just reading about Glissa, Bosh, Slobad, and the wolf(forgot his name) running away from nim and Vedalken. And they are constantly fighting and running away all through the book. It gets kind of old after awhile. I don't really even feel like finishing up the series.
If you hadn't start reading the series yet dont! Read the Onslauhgt block and legends block instead.

The Client
The Client
by John Grisham
256 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars The Client, June 7 2004
This review is from: The Client (Mass Market Paperback)
The Client is a really good book. Yet, it was really short.I think I read it in a couple of days. The bad thing about it was the ending. It didn't explain much of what happened.

The Stand: The Complete & Uncut Edition
The Stand: The Complete & Uncut Edition
82 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars The Stand, June 7 2004
The Stand was apretty good book but it is really long.Plus, there is a lot of boring parts int the book, yet there are more exciting ones. The only real problem I had was the ending. Itwas so dissapointing. I would recommend this book though. It's one of King's best. Another really good one but really long is IT by king.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6