Profile for Glen Thompson > Reviews

Content by Glen Thompson

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Glen Thompson

I Am Legend
I Am Legend
by Richard Matheson
101 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars so different from the movie and so so good, Oct. 29 2010
This review is from: I Am Legend (Paperback)
Before you start reading this book, you should be warned that is is almost completely different then the movie. I say that as a big fan of the movie, who was wow'd by the book. I wish Hollywood would make another movie that is set in the 70s like the book and follows the storyline closely. The character development was by far the best part of the book, I really felt like I was reading about someone I knew.

I loved this book and have recommended it to many people since reading it. I would however say that I thought most of the short stories were a complete was of time. Of the 6 I read, only 2 were worth the time - and after that I didn't bother with the next one. I for sure suggest getting this book, but I don't get it this version just for the short stories.

The Strain
The Strain
by Guillermo Del Toro
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: CDN$ 10.35
16 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Better then most movies, Oct. 29 2010
This review is from: The Strain (Mass Market Paperback)
It has been a long time since I have bothered buying the second book in a trilogy - never mind the hardcover version (because I couldn't wait for the softcover to be released). This book written more like scenes from a movie - a great movie. Keeps you reading until the end and wishing the end hadn't come so soon.