Profile for Jerry > Reviews

Content by Jerry

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Jerry "a sci-fi/fantasy lover" (Macon, GA USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Ship of Magic: The Liveship Traders
Ship of Magic: The Liveship Traders
by Robin Hobb
76 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Keep it up!, Feb. 19 2006
Excellent work of fantasy. Exciting and engaging. A must read. Just put it down and wow!
**A book I would also recommend is The Unsuspecting Mage by Brian S. Pratt. This, the first installment of The Morcyth Saga is a great beginning for a new author. Battles, magic, gods, secret passages and intrigue, all the elements of a classic epic fantasy! Any fantasy reader will enjoy it. Also it didn't take 4-6 weeks to come as I had been worried about. Only about fifteen days. Still a wait but worth it!

High Druid of Shannara: Tanequil
High Druid of Shannara: Tanequil
by Terry Brooks
Price: CDN$ 16.80
50 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, Feb. 19 2006
This series is action packed and loving it. Any Shannara book is a good book and a must read for any lover of fantasy!

Crystal Gorge
Crystal Gorge
by David Eddings
30 used & new from CDN$ 0.52

4.0 out of 5 stars Eddings is good, Feb. 19 2006
This review is from: Crystal Gorge (Hardcover)
This ending of the series was a breath of fresh air. It ties up a lot of loose ends while maintaining the excitement which I've come to expect from Eddings. Overall an excellent story with well constructed dialog. A must read.

The Wheel of Time, Boxed Set I, Books 1-3: The Eye of the World, The Great Hunt, The Dragon Reborn
by Robert Jordan
Price: CDN$ 18.79
19 used & new from CDN$ 12.30

5.0 out of 5 stars These are the best, Feb. 19 2006
These three books set the stage of a grande tale and the fire in the hearts of the fans that later books try to extinguish. If only he could've maintained the momentum of these three, I would've been a happy camper.

High Druid of Shannara: Straken
High Druid of Shannara: Straken
by Terry Brooks
40 used & new from CDN$ 0.71

4.0 out of 5 stars Brooks rocks!, Feb. 19 2006
The whole Shannara series is a must read for any fan of fantasy. Those who've read any of the previous ones (my personal favorite being the original Sword of Shannara) will love this one. It gives more of a background to certain characters that I found interesting.

The Belgariad (Vol 1): Volume One: Pawn of Prophecy, Queen of Sorcery, Magician's Gambit
by David Eddings
Price: CDN$ 17.33
36 used & new from CDN$ 1.11

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!!, Feb. 19 2006
Read this years ago and revisted it just recently. It's one of the best series ever! I've begun to look for the early works of authors, or even revisiting the ones whom I loved as a teenager. So many of the old masters are beginning to lose their edge.
If you love fantasy, read this series. It won't dissapoint!

Naked Empire
Naked Empire
Price: CDN$ 9.92
104 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Exciting read, Feb. 19 2006
This story kept me interested and at least had the dialog well worked out. I like more action, personally, give me a good old adventure, battles, etc. I want excitement and thrills. This book delivered on some of those, but not all.
Overall, if you like this series, you should like this one.

The Two Swords: The Hunters Blades Trilogy, Book III
The Two Swords: The Hunters Blades Trilogy, Book III
by R.A. Salvatore
93 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, Feb. 19 2006
Okay, the second one is definitely better but was satisfied with the way this one ended. Not great by any means, but most authors of late seem more worried about deadlines and churning the book mill than actually sitting down and creating a fluid, exciting piece of work
I would still recommend this book as this author writes well and the story is sound if lacking in places.

Debt of Bones
Debt of Bones
Price: CDN$ 6.64
114 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Shorter is okay, Feb. 19 2006
I prefer longer works, but this one kept me interested and didn't make me feel like I was being cut off too soon. Overall, a good book

Chainfire
Chainfire
91 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Not too bad, Feb. 19 2006
This review is from: Chainfire (Mass Market Paperback)
While the beginning of this series was awesome, it's begun petering out lately. Some of the plot lacks logicality to it, I'll not spoil it for you here, but you'll see what I mean when you read it. Overall, not a bad book, but there're many better out there. If you've read and liked the series thus far, you'll like this book too.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11