Profile for Derek Scott > Reviews

Content by Derek Scott

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Derek Scott "Del WhiteWizard" (West Coast, Canada)

Page: 1 | 2
The Cosmos of Soul: A Wake-Up Call For Humanity
The Cosmos of Soul: A Wake-Up Call For Humanity
by Patricia Cori
Price: CDN$ 14.44
34 used & new from CDN$ 10.25

3.0 out of 5 stars Bold Statement = I don't believe this book is chanelling., July 27 2009
I'm going to make a bold statement and say I don't feel this book is an actual channeling like it states. I have read many channeling books and after reading the first 2 chapters I got some red flags. I would say the book is a reflection of Patricia's views and beliefs. Another tell tale sign is on the back of the book she has a recommended reading section. If you look at the books she mentions they are all topics that she covers in this book. The cosmos of the soul is like a thesis from her personal research.

That is the only negative point I want to make, though I do think it's a very important one so that people don't get mislead by the source of the book.

On positive notes, the book is an easy read, finished it in 2 days, it flows well, it's written well, and has good information. Reading this book is like meeting some crazy hippie and him/her telling you there out there views and beliefs on humankind's history and where he/she thinks we are headed.

I gave the book 3 stars because it does have some good info that resonates well and is worth reading to open your mind to different views & beliefs, just make sure you read it with a grain of salt and it's all good :)

peace to all,
del

Your Immortal Reality: How to Break the Cycle of Birth and Death
Your Immortal Reality: How to Break the Cycle of Birth and Death
by Gary R. Renard
25 used & new from CDN$ 1.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Make sure you read dissapearance of a universe first., July 23 2009
I'm going to first let people know that you should read Gary's first book "Disappearance of a universe" before buying this book. Your immortal reality is a sequel to disappearance.
Once again a great book, it's a lot of the same teachings, so it can seem to get old, but on the flip side the repetition is what we need for the message to sink deep into our conscious and unconscious. In all honesty from reading this book, it makes me question more whether Arten or Pursah actually did physically appear. Like when Gary wanted to know about the future, it seemed geared about what was going to happen in the financial markets, etc... I know Garry was or is an investor and maybe they were communicating to his desires, I don't know. I didn't like the part of them predicting the future though, like the 100,000 dow jones, and stuff like that, I think Gary didn't need to ask about the future and I think that whole section made the book lose a lot of credibility.

On the flip side the book is a great read, you'll get something from it and it's sure to help you on your journey back home. Great wisdom, great insight, fun to read, all and all beautiful :)

The Disappearance of the Universe: Straight Talk About Illusions, Past Lives, Religion, Sex, Politics, and the Miracles of Forgiveness
by Gary R. Renard
Price: CDN$ 14.43
52 used & new from CDN$ 8.93

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for everyone :), July 10 2009
I have to say I was skeptical about reading this book, I always go into these books that claim channeling with my skeptical glasses on. This book was no different especially in the beginning of the book when I had preconceptions about how ascended masters should talk, but slowly after flowing through the chapters the glasses weakened and I saw the book for what it truly was. Wisdom :)

This book hit home with me on so many levels and it's a book that has had a huge impact on me. I will keep this book close with me and will refer to some of the passages often for guidance and wisdom. There's something for everyone in this book, whether you believe 1/10th of the book or 1/100th of what they say, it will have an impact on your life in a positive way.

In all honesty I have never even heard of a course in miracles before reading this book but it's not something you need to know in order to read this book.

The only downside I can come up with in this book is it's slow in some areas and very repetitive, however it's a good repetitive that our stubborn mind needs some time in order for this amazing wisdom to really sink in.

- May All beings be happy :)

The Last American Man
The Last American Man
by Elizabeth Gilbert
Price: CDN$ 13.36
53 used & new from CDN$ 0.30

4.0 out of 5 stars Well written and very interesting., July 5 2009
This review is from: The Last American Man (Paperback)
Another beautifully written book by Elizabeth, she really helped me understand Eustace Conway. Imagine seeing a guy dressed like Eustace on the side road, how curious you would be to know his story, how he got to where he got to. Is he an enlightened man who has a deeper understanding? or is he just like the rest of us struggling? In truth yes Eustace is a unique person but did he need a book written about him? Maybe not, but I think only an author like Elizabeth could have captivated us and drawn us into Eustaces world. It's a pleasurable read and will help you gain perspective into a world and perception that we could normally only wonder about.

May all beings be happy :)

Eat, Pray, Love: One Woman's Search for Everything Across Italy, India and Indonesia
by Elizabeth Gilbert
Price: CDN$ 12.27
334 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars What a beautiful read :), July 5 2009
Elizabeth is an amazing writer, you really felt as if you were with her on her journey. It's total inspiration for change in your life as you see this courageous woman as she embarks on her own journey and shares with you her joys and struggles alike. This is one of my favorite books and I smiled most of the time as I flipped the pages.

Thanks Elizabeth for sharing your journey :)

A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose (Oprah's Book Club, Selection 61)
A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose (Oprah's Book Club, Selection 61)
by Eckhart Tolle
Price: CDN$ 11.55
164 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great companion to power of now., July 5 2009
A new earth is a great companion book to Power of Now, he pretty much coveys the same message and it can get a little old if your somewhat spiritually awakened but for someone new on the path another recommended read to lead you down the rite road, you won't achieve enlightenment but it will give you a better understand of who you are or better yet who you aren't. I think he's a bit precocious in some of his statements about people creating a new universe, nonetheless it's positive thinking and I share in his excitement about the potential change when humans are able to wake up to there full potential and find out who they really are.

May all beings be happy :)

The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
by Eckhart Tolle
Price: CDN$ 12.64
79 used & new from CDN$ 0.98

5.0 out of 5 stars New on your spiritual journey? Start here!, July 5 2009
The power of now was one of the first books on my spiritual quest that began years ago. It captured me like no other book has ever, if you've never been exposed to the thought of ego and how it is a huge component in your misery then this will open your eyes. There is no other book on the market that can relate to modern day language, no matter what there are passages in here that will emanate with you and have a profound impact on your understanding of yourself. I recommend this book to all people new on the spiritual path, even if you're an old soul deep on the path home this book can help you if you veer off the path or take a rest.

May all beings be happy & thank you Eckhart for your love with this book.

Rational Mysticism: Spirituality Meets Science in the Search for Enlightenment
Rational Mysticism: Spirituality Meets Science in the Search for Enlightenment
by John Horgan
29 used & new from CDN$ 2.18

3.0 out of 5 stars Boring but learned a lot!, June 23 2009
It took me a while to finish reading this book, in part because it was pretty boring and in part because the structure in which each chapter was a like a new book in it's own.

I'm mixed about this book, I definitely got a lot from this book but it didn't captivate me. I'm not sure if it's John writing style, the people that he covered or the topic. This is why I gave it 3 out of 5 stars.

What I got from this book is a wide spectrum of views, which is good, the book opened my perception to whole points of views I never knew much about.

If your someone who is unsure of there spirituality this book might not be the rite time for you to read. When your done you could end up feeling more confused and lost. I would only recommend this book for people with some spiritual grounding.

2012: Biography Of A Time Traveler
2012: Biography Of A Time Traveler
by Stephanie South
Price: CDN$ 17.89
26 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Poolrly Written, June 18 2009
This book was a big disappointment, the author clearly is new to the world of writing and it showed in this book. I felt like the book was put together very quickly after organizing all her notes in order. The biography lacked any flow and emotion, you're better of reading Jose's Wikipedia bio and saving yourself some money :)

Unveiled Mysteries
Unveiled Mysteries
by Godfre Ray King
Price: CDN$ 32.23
10 used & new from CDN$ 30.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Expand your perception :), June 18 2009
This review is from: Unveiled Mysteries (Paperback)
This book provided me great wisdom, It is sure to expand your perception as some of these stories are way out there. More evidence of the mystery Mt. Shasta eludes. It was written well and kept me intrigued throughout the book and it has excellent flow to it.

Recommended for all who have climbed outside the box, guaranteed to find some wisdom that will resonate well within you :)

Page: 1 | 2