Profile for Victoria T > Reviews

Content by Victoria T

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Victoria T (Cleveland, OH)

The Odessa File [Import]
The Odessa File [Import]
VHS
Offered by vidsale
Price: CDN$ 23.95
6 used & new from CDN$ 15.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent movie if you are interested in WWII theme, April 12 2002
Those interested in World War II and political events that followed it will thoroughly enjoy this movie. It offers a good mixture of suspense, historical accuracy, and political intrique. "Substance" is the word that comes to mind when watching this classic movie. Jon Voight's acting is pleasure to watch.

For Two - Vhs
For Two - Vhs
VHS

3.0 out of 5 stars 2 complaints, April 12 2002
This review is from: For Two - Vhs (VHS Tape)
The video was OK, but not as good as we hoped it would be. My husband and I are athletic, however, we felt rushed and un-coordinated while trying to follow this video.
First, there is not much time between different poses, so we constantly had to pause the video and figure out how to position our arms and legs correctly so we can feel that we are actually doing yoga (and not aerobics). It has improved slightly when we followed the video a few times, but it is still rather fast paced. And second, this video requires lots of floor space, so don't buy it unless you have at least 20 square feet of practice space.
I feel that my husband and I bond better while doing yoga moves independently than following this couple-oriented video.

Nicholas and Alexandra
Nicholas and Alexandra
by Robert K. Massie
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
38 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Informative and educational; useful for former Soviets, Jan. 28 1999
My Soviet upbringing and education have never provided any in-depth analysis of the last Emperial family, thus reading this book was very educational. I wish I knew these facts when I was still in the USSR. For the first time I have clearly realized the complexity and charm of my motherland, thanks to the author. There is a feeling of love and affection to Russia and its people throughout the book.
I only disagree with the main underlying theme of the book that Alexis' desease brought Russia to its collapse - this would be naive to believe - however I understand the author's personal bias.
Solid read and thorough analysis on the author's part. Thank you for a good historical overview!