Profile for marvin nelson > Reviews

Content by marvin nelson
Top Reviewer Ranking: 973

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

marvin nelson (Toronto)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Confidencias
Confidencias
Price: CDN$ 14.82
26 used & new from CDN$ 10.23

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful, May 17 2014
This review is from: Confidencias (Audio CD)
What can be said about Alejandro that has not already been said?. I waited impatiently for another superb album to be released and I was not disappointed. It is always a pleasure to listen to the soulful melodies and the resonance of his marvelous voice. This is a great buy. Long may he sing and record so that we all can enjoy his talent.

Former People: The Final Days of the Russian Aristocracy
Former People: The Final Days of the Russian Aristocracy
by Douglas Smith
Price: CDN$ 16.61
35 used & new from CDN$ 5.82

4.0 out of 5 stars interesting and sad commentary, May 17 2014
This is a very good book. The suffering of the Russian people before and after the Russian Revolution in 1917 is brought to life very vividly. The horrors of the revolution, the civil war and the years of Stalin are examined through the events that occurred to two very prominent aristocratic families. There are many characters and some with similar sounding names and everyone seems to have a nickname and that being said, it can be difficult to follow. However it is well worth the read as these were real people who lived lives that most of us could only imagine in our worst nightmares but kept their wits about them and survived as best they could.

Beautiful Things
Beautiful Things
Price: CDN$ 21.88
14 used & new from CDN$ 14.33

5.0 out of 5 stars WONDERUFL, May 17 2014
This review is from: Beautiful Things (Audio CD)
I do not know how I had missed seeing/discovering this album which is several years old. I have many of his prior albums and love them all. He has not disappointed with this album of songs. The tribute to Maria Callas that he does with Vittorio is superb and brings tears to my eyes- not just for the quality of their voices, but also the masterful arrangement of the music and for the memory of that wonderful woman with the great voice. I can't get enough of this album. You will not be disappointed.

The Queen Of Four Kingdoms
The Queen Of Four Kingdoms
by HRH Princess Michael of Kent
17 used & new from CDN$ 17.97

4.0 out of 5 stars good read, May 17 2014
This is a departure from HRH's other books which are biographies of historical characters. This novel is written very simply and, as she says, is the first attempt at writing historical fiction. The characters of the book did exist and the events did happen and they were involved in or affected by them. It is a quick read. She has been able to capture the essence of the characters' personalities. I look forward to the other books in this series of three.

Glee: The Music presents The Best of Glee - CELEBRATING 100 EPISODES
Glee: The Music presents The Best of Glee - CELEBRATING 100 EPISODES
Price: CDN$ 11.67
12 used & new from CDN$ 10.74

4.0 out of 5 stars fun album, May 17 2014
this is a fun album. The actors on Glee are all very good artists and this collection shows them off at their best.

La Voce
La Voce
Price: CDN$ 16.39
12 used & new from CDN$ 4.98

5.0 out of 5 stars such a talent, May 17 2014
This review is from: La Voce (Audio CD)
I bought this album for myself a few years ago and now I have bought one for a work colleague. This is such a wonderful album. The first song gives me goodbumps. The songs he has chosen are perfect for his voice and the arrangements suit his style and voice perfectly. I also have his next album "Intimo". I can't wait for another to be released.

Tu Y Yo
Tu Y Yo
Price: CDN$ 15.95
17 used & new from CDN$ 9.17

5.0 out of 5 stars another hit album, May 17 2014
This review is from: Tu Y Yo (Audio CD)
this is another wonderful collection of songs by David. He has a unique voice and style which puts him right up there with the best male soloists.

Ellas Cantan Asi
Ellas Cantan Asi
Price: CDN$ 14.81
5 used & new from CDN$ 14.81

1.0 out of 5 stars the worst music I have ever heard., Dec 9 2013
This review is from: Ellas Cantan Asi (Audio CD)
I love Gloria Trevi's more recent albums. I was expecting more of the same but was sadly disappointed. I listened to the whole CD hoping that it would get better but it did not. It has been trashed but I did save the case.

Loved Me Back To Life
Loved Me Back To Life
Price: CDN$ 10.00
55 used & new from CDN$ 5.97

5.0 out of 5 stars hopefully it will not be as long before the next album, Dec 9 2013
This review is from: Loved Me Back To Life (Audio CD)
This is a great album. The songs are meaningful and Celine's voice and styling bring the lyrics and music to life. What a joy to listen to. I had it on my IPod immediately.

The Assassination of the Archduke: Sarajevo 1914 and the Romance That Changed the World
by Greg King
Price: CDN$ 20.05
28 used & new from CDN$ 9.34

5.0 out of 5 stars I learned so much from this wonderful book, Dec 9 2013
What a wonderfully written history/biography. I learned so much about the period and Franz Ferdinand's life. The shock was the persecution of his family after the fall of the Hapsburgs and the WW1. This book is so easy to read and if one likes history the way that I do it is a "have to have" addition to the library

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6