Profile for Ivanovitch > Reviews

Content by Ivanovitch

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Ivanovitch (Rio de Janeiro, RJ - Brazil)

Magical Alphabets P
Magical Alphabets P
by Pennick
Price: CDN$ 16.97
22 used & new from CDN$ 9.53

4.0 out of 5 stars You have to read this!, Oct. 22 2000
This review is from: Magical Alphabets P (Paperback)
I have found this book because I was looking for some information about the secret meaning of hebrew letters. This time I've already known something about runes and with the same material I started to study the ogham.
Nowadays we have no idea about the original meaning of our alphabets. In many cultures they explain the presence of G-d in their (our) lives. According to Pennick "letters in an alphabet are metaphors of reality". Read this book and you'll understand why.
You'll find here basic information about the hebrew, greek, runes and ogham. In the last chapters the author write about alchemical alphabets and magic squares. I'd like to see something about the egyptian alphabet but he didn't write anything about it.
My main interest in this book is the secret/divinatory aspect of these alphabets but you also will find a rich cultural approach in each section and it's very instructive.

Russell Grant's Astro-Tarot Pack
Russell Grant's Astro-Tarot Pack
by Russell Grant
6 used & new from CDN$ 0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Work!, Sept. 13 2000
When I ordered this deck I wasn't sure if I would like it. I saw some cards in a website but I had doubt about the idea of mixing tarot and astrology (chinese AND western astrology!!) in individual cards (no associations or any kind of cross reference). Now I can tell you, it works!
Very interesting combination of different knowledges.... This work has 64 cards: 22 cards of the Major Arcana, the aces of the 4 suits from the traditional Minor Arcana (new begginings in different areas), 12 sun signs of the Western Astrology (the cosmic journey we take through life), 12 signs of the Chinese Astrology (emotions, senses, psychic side and spirituality) and, finally, 14 cards which are all associated with the planets and angles in the Western Astrology (influences around us, karma, lesson and so one).
The illustrations seem to be done to a fairy tale book. They are very pleasant and well done. Using his expertise in astrology, Grant give us a simplistic but interesting interpretations based in the astrological houses.
If you are looking a set (book and deck) about tarot this isn't your product but if you would like to know a very innovative oracle here you have a good opportunity to know something different but not less effective.