Profile for Janna Lafrance > Reviews

Content by Janna Lafrance

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Janna Lafrance "PaulandJanna" (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)

Altec Lansing iPhone/iPod Boom Box
Altec Lansing iPhone/iPod Boom Box

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Find, June 13 2011
I found this boom box by searching online for the most recommended ones and this one was in the top ten. Now I know why. Excellent sound and maintains clarity at high volumes, which is a great thing because we like to use it to play source music for drumming circles, which can get a little loud. Awesome product.

PC Treasures 7182 Blast Cooling Station (Navy)
PC Treasures 7182 Blast Cooling Station (Navy)
Offered by dealkings
Price: CDN$ 46.28
2 used & new from CDN$ 35.27

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great but a little Small, June 13 2011
I like the cooling station; it's lightweight and quiet. The speakers are not as good as my computer's built-in ones so I don't use them at all, but the cooling works well, which is saying something because my computer was running so hot before I couldn't keep it on my legs without burning them. It's a little smaller than I thought it would be as well, but that doesn't seem to affect the performance.

Brian Regan: The Epitome of Hyperbole
Brian Regan: The Epitome of Hyperbole
DVD ~ Brian Regan
Price: CDN$ 15.09
23 used & new from CDN$ 9.54

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilareous Family Entertainment, Nov. 9 2010
I have never enjoyed stand-up comedy . . . until now! My expression went from eye-rolling, to head-cocked interest, to full-out hysterical laughter. Great for older kids too, since he doesn't get into vulgarity or sexual humour. Way to go, Brian, you converted me!

50 Great Bible Stories For Kid
50 Great Bible Stories For Kid
Price: CDN$ 10.91
16 used & new from CDN$ 6.38

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Start, Nov. 9 2010
This audio CD is a great start if you're wanting to give your little ones an overview of all the main Bible stories. It does not go into any depth, though, so if you were hoping for more lengthy renditions, this isn't the one for you!

My daughters have enjoyed listening to it several times at bed time but we're ready to find another more detailed Bible story CD.

The Visitor (Bilingual)
The Visitor (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Thomas McCarthy
Offered by DealsAreUs
Price: CDN$ 8.79
29 used & new from CDN$ 1.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth the Risk, July 18 2010
This review is from: The Visitor (Bilingual) (DVD)
I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. It is a risk because it's not well known and will get bad reviews from some with different tastes. I felt the character development was wonderful, and the freedom the main character found and was able to express by playing the djembe was inspiring. For anyone who has dreamed of breaking free from the mundane and into artistic expression, you will be glad you took the time to watch this. Although there were parts of the story that were not all uplifting, overall, it was heartwarming and hopeful.

So You Don't Want to Go to Church Anymore: An Unexpected Journey
So You Don't Want to Go to Church Anymore: An Unexpected Journey
by Wayne Jacobsen
Price: CDN$ 11.70
89 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Life-Changing Perspective, Nov. 24 2009
For someone who was born and raised in an institutional church setting, this book was profoundly impacting. I had many questions and a lot of doubt about not going to a church meeting every Sunday morning. I was afraid that I would miss out on something really important, or more significantly, that I would miss God. What I have found, and what Wayne Jacobsen (author) helped me to discover, is that there is so much more to discover about Him and His heart outside the walls of the organization.

On Becoming Baby Wise: Giving Your Infant the Gift of Nighttime Sleep
On Becoming Baby Wise: Giving Your Infant the Gift of Nighttime Sleep
by Gary Ezzo
84 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Babywise is Wisdom, Dec 11 2008
Don't be fooled by the enthusiasm of anti-Babywise activists online. Most have not read the book and those who have, misunderstood. The wisdom contained in Babywise is priceless. My husband and I have four little girls, all of whom have different needs and personalities. We employed the methods from Babywise with all four. Babywise is about learning how to be the parent and direct your infant's sleep and eating schedule. It is about a flexible routine that WORKS no matter what your child's needs are, colicky, "hi-needs", or whatever they may be. I know several parents who have used Babywise methods and several who have not. The ones who have not, using other popular methods, are suffering and so are their children. EVERY single parent I know who has used Babywise is glad they did, and their children are strong, confident, and play important and respectful roles in their families.