Profile for Middle aged Momma > Reviews

Content by Middle aged Momma

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Middle aged Momma (Victoria, BC, Canada)

Strong Body, Ageless Body With Erin O'Brien
Strong Body, Ageless Body With Erin O'Brien
DVD ~ Erin O'Brien
Price: CDN$ 17.99
22 used & new from CDN$ 9.72

4.0 out of 5 stars Full body workout, March 10 2009
This DVD provides a challenging full body workout, that really made me sweat! Erin O' Brien is motivating instructor that is enthusiastic without being too "perky". The filming is located in an attractive living room so it has a very intimate feeling. I would have given the DVD a 5 star rating, but the camera work is rather jerky, and flips to a grainy "hand held" effect that I think is detracting. Also Erin moves at a fast pace and I had a hard time keeping up. Maybe as I get fitter this will be less of a problem!

Erin gives good information with her instruction about keeping your muscle tone. The intended audience is women over 30, as the tone of the narration is fairly mature.

You will need a pair of hand weights and a mat, and enjoy doing squats and lunges. : )
This is a really good workout for the days when you can't get to the gym. I found it challenging. (in a good way)

Quick-Fix Vegetarian: Healthy Home-Cooked Meals in 30 Minutes or Less
Quick-Fix Vegetarian: Healthy Home-Cooked Meals in 30 Minutes or Less
by Robin Robertson
Price: CDN$ 13.71
50 used & new from CDN$ 3.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Very tasty, March 10 2009
This is a terrific cookbook. I bought it because even though I am not a vegetarian I am trying to eat more veggies and have more vegetarian meals each week. Everything I have made has been very tasty and easy to make, and has been really well received by my family.
I am really enjoying the terrific, tasty, savory recipes.