Profile for Shoot'Em'Up > Reviews

Content by Shoot'Em'Up

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Shoot'Em'Up (Canada)

Medal of Honor - PlayStation 3 Standard Edition
Medal of Honor - PlayStation 3 Standard Edition
Offered by Big Time Online Canada
Price: CDN$ 10.81
31 used & new from CDN$ 4.45

4.0 out of 5 stars Ear Candy, Sept. 21 2011
Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This game is a bargain right now.

The audio and weight given to the weapons is brilliant. I enjoyed it far more than all my cod games past the first modern warfare. It does have some messed up glitches which is typical with an EA title. It says something when you put a game in of this vintage and it doesnt update. Its sad that they do not care to support their work when no more $$$ is directly involved.

It also has the typical "what the hell are they thinking" moments when they pull you from the brilliant run and gun and throw you into some lame vehicle / plane etc to fumble about. I do not understand why they all do this. COD does this much better, although most of those moments are rubbish also. These are the low points of this game.

Bottom line, shooting is brilliant fun and you can choose which levels to play after you complete so you can avoid the BS. The audio and weight given to the weapons is better than C0D by a long shot. We have a high end home theater which comes alive with all the thumps and whistles where cod plays flat and lifeless.

To spite its flaws, and there are many, I played it through and fired it right back up from the beginning. I have not done that since COD4. I could hardly stand C0D MW2 and sold Black Opps after 30 mins. This game reminds me of Rainbow Six Vegas 2. Graphics can be great, and terrible, both have their serious glitches, but shooting s^&t has never been so damn fun.

White Trash Beautiful
White Trash Beautiful
Price: CDN$ 13.69
36 used & new from CDN$ 6.81

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth twice the price, Nov. 3 2010
This review is from: White Trash Beautiful (Audio CD)
I never get tired of this guys voice. The best songs on this album are not the radio releases. Tracks 8,9 and 12 are gems.

V4 Songs In The Key Of Love An
V4 Songs In The Key Of Love An
Price: CDN$ 17.20
24 used & new from CDN$ 8.80

5.0 out of 5 stars " I'm a holy roller and I own a Spaceship .... ", Nov. 3 2010
No filler here. Its only 30 minutes long but it rocks those 30 minutes really really well. Instead of skipping tracks I find myself replaying the album over and over. The second track is just so damn good its worth picking this up just for that ( line from the review title comes from this track ). If I lost this album tomorrow I would replace it tomorrow.

Love War And The Ghost Of Whit
Love War And The Ghost Of Whit
Price: CDN$ 17.43
8 used & new from CDN$ 17.43

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent from start to finish, Nov. 3 2010
This album is amazing from beginning to end. It lives in the cd player. Everlast fans will not be let down.

Far Cry 2 (Fr/Eng manual) - PlayStation 3
Far Cry 2 (Fr/Eng manual) - PlayStation 3
Offered by BuyCDNow Canada
Price: CDN$ 20.42
20 used & new from CDN$ 7.38

1.0 out of 5 stars Ubisoft Strikes Again, Feb. 20 2009
Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
Do not buy this game unless you want a bug filled POS. The price is dropping like a rock for a reason. This game is BROKEN.

Just another example of Ubisoft's lack of quality.