Profile for luvtoread > Reviews

Content by luvtoread

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

luvtoread (toronto, canada)

After Her Brain Broke: Helping My Daughter Recover Her Sanity
After Her Brain Broke: Helping My Daughter Recover Her Sanity
by Susan Inman
Price: CDN$ 14.40
17 used & new from CDN$ 14.39

4.0 out of 5 stars Harrowing but important, Nov. 21 2011
My daughter (11) is suffering from Major Depressive Disorder and Severe Anxiety and is hospitalized. This story, although hard to read, made me feel not so alone and also reinforced to me that I have to be my daughter's advocate - always. It is also a story of hope - and I sure need that.

Helping Your Child Cope with Depression and Suicidal Thoughts
Helping Your Child Cope with Depression and Suicidal Thoughts
by Tonia K. Shamoo
Price: CDN$ 21.41
26 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Informative regarding children's mental illness, Sept. 17 2011
Our 11 year old daughter is severely depressed and extremely suicidal. This fact based booked gave us insight into the illness and the suicidality that we needed.

Raising Troubled Kids: Advice from Parents of Children with Mental Illness or an Emotional Disorder
by Margaret Puckette
Price: CDN$ 15.74
16 used & new from CDN$ 9.24

4.0 out of 5 stars Great support for parents of kids with severe mental illness, Sept. 17 2011
We are just trying to understand the devastating impact on ourselves, our family and our life due to our 11 year old daughter's severe depression. It is hard to find books about the parent's experience in these situations. This honoured my feelings of grief and despair and gave me some ways to move forward.