Profile for Rosanna DeRango > Reviews

Content by Rosanna DeRango

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Rosanna DeRango (Toronto)

Martha Stewart's Wedding Cakes
Martha Stewart's Wedding Cakes
by Martha Stewart
Price: CDN$ 48.28
37 used & new from CDN$ 15.13

5.0 out of 5 stars The Wedding Cake Encyclopedia, Sept. 25 2012
I also borrowed this book from the library first. I frequently flip through cake decorating books to get ideas. Yet, this book is not something you just flip through. Martha does an amazing job at describing intricate decorating processes and the step-by-step piping guide is phenomenal. I also tried a couple of the recipes, such as the Swiss Meringue Buttercream and Devil's Food Cake. Again, phenomenal.

The book allows the reader to perfect their baking, filling, icing and decorating techniques. So, I would suggest this book to anyone who loves to decorate cakes, but also to anyone who loves to bake. Amazing book, and since the hardcover is on sale right now (50$), amazing price!

The Michael Jackson Tapes: A Tragic Icon Reveals His Soul in Intimate Conversation
by Shmuley Boteach
Price: CDN$ 20.76
56 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Saddening, June 9 2012
Oh my,

I was excited when I first got this book, but it turned out to be nothing more than a fictional novel. The whole time the Rabbi tries to make himself sound like some relationship Guru/demi-God, while still defaming Michael Jackson. I thought the book was trying to make Michael look better- let the public see Michael in a brighter, more forgiving way. This did not come through. Some of the things the Rabbi said about Michael were plain rude. Many times in the book, the Rabbi (an alleged BEST friend of Michael), said he doesn't truly know if Michael wasn't guilty of his 1993/2003 allegations. That's disgusting.

I feel disgusted in myself for buying this book and supporting this man. I feel sorry for the Jackson family and pray that no more people will defame the Jackson name so perversely.

Christmas Song
Christmas Song
Offered by Vanderbilt CA
Price: CDN$ 32.95
11 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure Christmas Bliss, Sept. 1 2011
This review is from: Christmas Song (Audio CD)
Oh my goodness.
Be prepared to cry. The first time I listened to this CD, I was brought to tears. And the second time, third, fourth and I still do. His beautifully angelic songs will warm you up in the winter and send chills down your spine in the summer. I am telling you, I LOVE this CD. This voice is so beautiful, silky, majestic and cherubic, it makes me want to be devoutly religious.

Oh man. Buy this. NOW.

Unmasked: The Final Years of Michael Jackson
Unmasked: The Final Years of Michael Jackson
by Ian Halperin
13 used & new from CDN$ 3.22

2.0 out of 5 stars Propaganda, March 8 2010
I happened to pick this book up and give it a try. At the time, I had already read a few books about Michael Jackson and I was wondering if this one was any good. Well it wasn't. I found that many of the books "facts" were merely sad attempts at tabloid rumours. Also, the author (Ian Harpelin) cleverly and almost deviously, kept sneaking in references to his other books. Ian tended to ramble on about things that weren't related to Michael, and I found myself bored of his propaganda like schemes. I wouldn't recommend one to buy this, as the Michael Jackson books by Aphrodite Jones, M.J himself or Taraborelli are much more captivating.

Michael Jackson Conspiracy
Michael Jackson Conspiracy
by Aphrodite Jones
20 used & new from CDN$ 9.25

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Insightful, Feb. 4 2010
This book was very insightful into the Michael Jackson case. Jones listed all the details of the case, from Michael's eating habits on planes to the testimony of George Lopez. It provides an unbiased review of the case, allowing the reader to make their own conclusions, and realize the media-crazed falsities that followed the case day in day out. A must read for any Michael fans, or any people who just want to know the truth about the Michael Jackson case.

Modern Classics Mrs Dalloway
Modern Classics Mrs Dalloway
by Virginia Woolf
Price: CDN$ 10.95
65 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars myriad of impressions, Feb. 24 2005
Mrs. Dalloway is Woolf's novel about the ecstasy of living against a barrage of limitations brought about by the aging process, the roles we play in the world, and the contradictions of the modern age in all its fragments, where a loss of identity leaves the self disillusioned. It is about the repressed consciousness, and the need to hold oneself up; the sheer terror of living on the precipice of madness; and how one finds the self in the other.