Profile for sandy > Reviews

Content by sandy

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

sandy

Page: 1 | 2
GRAFF: The Art & Technique of Graffiti
GRAFF: The Art & Technique of Graffiti
by Scape Martinez
Price: CDN$ 16.29
45 used & new from CDN$ 6.39

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice!, Aug. 14 2012
I liked this book as it gave me insight into the process of graffiti. Good step by steps and breakdowns.

HatHeads: 1 Man + 2 Knitting Needles = 50 Fun Hat Designs
HatHeads: 1 Man + 2 Knitting Needles = 50 Fun Hat Designs
by Trond Anfinnsen
Price: CDN$ 16.89
23 used & new from CDN$ 8.24

3.0 out of 5 stars good read!, Aug. 14 2012
If you are an accomplished knitter this book really has nothing for you but a good story. They are all pretty much the same hat and the patterns are simple. But I did enjoy reading why he knits and the reasons why he knit certain hats for different people.
Overall I thought it was a nice book but if you were looking for patterns this isn't the book for you.

Getting Started Knitting Socks
Getting Started Knitting Socks
by Ann Budd
Price: CDN$ 15.12
52 used & new from CDN$ 7.33

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, Oct. 19 2011
I was knitting socks before I bought this book, but I did not understand how I did. I would just blindly follow the pattern not knowing what was next.
This book breaks down each section of the sock, as well as the wools you use. I now know exactly how and why I am knitting. I do not have to rely on a pattern I can make my own.
If you have always wanted to try knitting socks then this is the book for you. It is thorough and easy to understand. If you already knit socks and want to know more this is a great book to add to your library.
Over all this is one of the best knitting books I own and I recomend it to anyone interested in knitting socks!

Automotive Cheap Tricks & Special F/X II: Learn How to Paint Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles, Musical Instruments, Surfboards, and R.C. Cars
by Craig Fraser
15 used & new from CDN$ 60.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!!, Jan. 14 2011
I just love Craigs style. He is down to earth and realistic. He gives you things to think about as well as projects to work on. I bought the first one and loved it. Then long awaited the second book. Ya loved it too. His step by steps are awsome. I took his class in Vegas and the way this book is written is the way he talks in person. Nice to see. Absolutly a must have if you airbrush anything!!

Custom Painting: Cars, Motorcycles, Trucks
Custom Painting: Cars, Motorcycles, Trucks
by JoAnn Bortles
15 used & new from CDN$ 9.89

5.0 out of 5 stars good eye candy!, Jan. 14 2011
This book is packed with visual ideas. If you were looking for something to get your artistic juices flowing this is it.

Professional Airbrush Techniques with Vince Goodeve
Professional Airbrush Techniques with Vince Goodeve
by Vince Goodeve
7 used & new from CDN$ 17.00

5.0 out of 5 stars cool book!, Jan. 14 2011
This book is beyond my tallents but I just love Vinces style. He is a visionary. His work is amazing and he shows you how he gets to it. Step by steps, how to set up shop and basic supplies are all in here. In my opinion a good book.

Knitting More Circles Around Socks: Two at a Time, Toe Up or Cuff Down
Knitting More Circles Around Socks: Two at a Time, Toe Up or Cuff Down
by Antje Gillingham
Price: CDN$ 20.15
39 used & new from CDN$ 13.66

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall a good book!, Jan. 14 2011
I bought the first book and it introduced me to two socks at a time on two circular needles, now I don't want to knit anyother way. You do not need to purchase the first one in order to understand this book. All the explanations are in here too. The patterns are a lot more challenging, I would think this book to be more for the experienced knitter. If you want to just learn the basics and a few patterns buy the first book.

Airbrush Painting: Advanced Techniques
Airbrush Painting: Advanced Techniques
by JoAnn Bortles
Price: CDN$ 20.05
32 used & new from CDN$ 13.09

3.0 out of 5 stars Not just skulls and flames!, Jan. 14 2011
This has good step by step, but tends to be a little long. It is an OK book but is not the best one on my shelf. If you are looking for something other than skulls and flames in airbrush (which is rare) then this book is for you.

Mastering Color Knitting: Simple Instructions for Stranded, Intarsia, and Double Knitting
by Melissa Leapman
Price: CDN$ 16.29
47 used & new from CDN$ 15.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book!, Jan. 14 2011
If you were thinking of adding colour to your knitting this is the book. It explains how to change colours in easy steps. Then it shows you three different styles in which to add colour to your knitting. Including Fair Isle, Intarsia and double knitting. It includes patterns and graphs for each. A good starter book and a good reference.

Graffiti World Updated Edition: Street Art from Five Continents
Graffiti World Updated Edition: Street Art from Five Continents
by Nicholas Ganz
Price: CDN$ 26.33
31 used & new from CDN$ 17.95

4.0 out of 5 stars A good reference., Jan. 4 2011
This book is a good reference for graffiti from all around the world. It shows a lot of different styles. There are no how to's or technical info just names of artists short histories and their art. This book stays on my shelf and I look at it often for ideas. In my opinion a good book.

Page: 1 | 2