Profile for Lisa Swaim-Parker > Reviews

Content by Lisa Swaim-Parker

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Lisa Swaim-Parker

Drawing Closer: The Paintings and Personal Reflections of Carolyn Blish
Drawing Closer: The Paintings and Personal Reflections of Carolyn Blish
by Blish
15 used & new from CDN$ 19.19

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful collection of the artist's work and her thoughts, Aug. 19 1999
I inherited my appreciation for Carolyn Blish artwork from my father. When I came upon this book in a local bookstore, I immediately purchased it for his birthday which was a couple of months away. When I took the book home, I couldn't put it down. I discovered that Carolyn Blish paints so much more than just the beach scenes that I had become so fond of over the years. The paintings in "Drawing Closer" all struck me as being very calm and peaceful. In addition to reflections and stories shared by Carolyn Blish, the book is sprinkled with quotes from various individuals that beautifully match the spiritual feelings reflected in her work. As difficult as it was, I did indeed give the book to my father for his birthday. He was just as delighted with the book as I was. We have an added interest in this book. In the book, Ms. Blish talks about learning to fly a plane. My father may be the flight instructor mentioned in her book! This book is a feast for the eyes, the heart, and the soul. It is a must have for anyone who enjoys the work of Carolyn Blish.