ARRAY(0xb2405c00)

Profile for Lesley > Reviews

Content by Lesley

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Lesley

Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Lip Moisturizer, SPF 15, 0.15 Ounce
Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Lip Moisturizer, SPF 15, 0.15 Ounce
Offered by DAILY SUPPLY
Price: CDN$ 10.38
3 used & new from CDN$ 5.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Unscented, April 12 2014
This is now the only lip balm I can find that doesn't have scent or flavour in it and does have sunscreen. It works too. When I could no longer find it in drugstores, I turned to Amazon, and luckily they do still sell it.

New Metro Design CDV-5 Beater Blade for 5 and 5-1/2-Quart Cuisinart, Viking, Kenwood and DeLonghi Mixers

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, June 2 2013
It works better than the blade supplied with my Cuisinart mixer, but I still have to stop the machine to scrape down the sides sometimes.

Premium White 3.5mm FM Transmitter Car Kit For Apple iPhone, iPod, Sandisk Sansa, Microsoft Zune, Creative Zen, Sony Walkman MP3 Players
Offered by emaxland
Price: CDN$ 3.95
2 used & new from CDN$ 3.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, June 2 2013
This is an excellent little transmitter. It does what it says on the tin, and costs hardly anything. It even works with our ancient iPod Shuffle and the radio of our even more ancient car. If there is one criticism, it's that the frequencies it can use are too close to broadcasting stations in our particular city, but that's not its fault and it's different in different cities.

Cuisinart SM-FPC Food Processor Attachment for Cuisinart Stand Mixer
Cuisinart SM-FPC Food Processor Attachment for Cuisinart Stand Mixer
Price: CDN$ 52.63

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, Dec 14 2012
Everything works as advertised, but we hadn't realised it's so small. That's a minor problem, it just means we have to do things in batches. Chopping vegetables for soup is best done with the blades, rather than the shredder. We're very pleased with it.

Cuisinart SM-MGC Meat Grinder Attachment for Cuisinart Stand Mixer
Cuisinart SM-MGC Meat Grinder Attachment for Cuisinart Stand Mixer
Price: CDN$ 99.99
2 used & new from CDN$ 95.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive!, Dec 14 2012
This attachment does everything it claims and more. It's a serious piece of equipment made to high standards, and it works beautifully. We've made sausages and ground up all sorts of lean meat, and it did everything well. The only thing wrong is that using it to chop onions for the sausages results in liquified onions., so we probably should have used the food processor for that.

Cuisinart SM-BLC Blender Attachment for Cuisinart Stand Mixer
Cuisinart SM-BLC Blender Attachment for Cuisinart Stand Mixer
Price: CDN$ 48.63

3.0 out of 5 stars Not very effective, Dec 14 2012
This blender attachment doesn't work well on blending frozen fruit into thick yoghurt to make "ice-cream", the main reason why we got it. Even though the mixer's motor is so powerful, the blades just don't seem to be up to the job. It's fine for blending soft things.

Cuisinart SM-55BCC 5.5 Quart Stand Mixer
Cuisinart SM-55BCC 5.5 Quart Stand Mixer
Price: CDN$ 322.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent mixer, Dec 14 2012
This mixer is powerful and effective. My only criticisms are minor: it's very expensive and very heavy to move about. It does a great job of mixing both firm and liquid batters quickly and thoroughly, and I am generally very pleased with it. I haven't tried it on angel-food cake yet, but everything I have done with it so far has worked out well.

Marlene Koch's Sensational Splenda Recipes: Over 375 Recipes Low in Sugar, Fat, and Calories
by Marlene Koch
Price: CDN$ 26.40
38 used & new from CDN$ 3.63

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful book, Sept. 16 2012
The recipes in this book are mostly very useful, especially for someone with metabolic syndrome. I would like it even better if the salt content were also reduced, with tips on how to make food edible without sugar, fat OR salt. But I have already tried quite a few of the recipes, leaving out the salt, and most of them are successful. On the whole I would recommend this book.

Breville BREBPI640XL Pie Maker
Breville BREBPI640XL Pie Maker
3 used & new from CDN$ 126.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful gadget, April 1 2012
This pie-maker is exactly as advertised. I've used it with all sorts of home-made pastry and with bread instead, as suggested in the instruction booklet. It works beautifully for all of these. The pies, both savoury and sweet, one crust and two, are delicious, and cleanup is a breeze, even when I put too much berry mix into little one-crust pies recently and it spilled out onto the hot surface and got baked on. It advises you not to use liquids, but I've made little individual quiches with it, putting the liquid custard into baked pastry shells or into bread shells, and they were just fine. I recommend it. Breville BREBPI640XL Pie Maker