Profile for Brian Isleifson > Reviews

Content by Brian Isleifson

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Brian Isleifson (Saskatchwan,Canada)

Outrage
Outrage
by Vincent Bugliosi
Price: CDN$ 13.36
26 used & new from CDN$ 6.97

3.0 out of 5 stars Obvious, April 16 2013
This review is from: Outrage (Paperback)
After reading this book, it only made the obvious more obvious. If anyone had a "shadow of a doubt" it should have been put to rest after reading this book. Simpson was guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt but was not convicted because of an inept prosecution, a high profile defense team and a judge who was determined to make himself the star attraction. Simpson was aquitted because the defense was able to shift the attention from the actual murder which was obviously comitted bt Simpson to the inadiquacies of the defense and their inability to presebt the evidence needed to convict.

On a Cold Road: Tales of Adventure in Canadian Rock
On a Cold Road: Tales of Adventure in Canadian Rock
by Dave Bidini
Price: CDN$ 19.95
46 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars BITTER, June 11 2012
I just finished reading this book or parts of it to be more accurate. After reading the first few chapters I was quite impressed with the author and his self-deprecating writing style. I also really enjoyed the personal asides from the various celebrities who were veterans of the touring business. The stories from members of bands such as Max Webster, April Wine, The Guess Who and many others gave the book the two stars I think it deserves. As I was reading I came upon a passage that descibed Rod Stewart and Eric Clapton as old geezers and the likes of Bryan Adams as lazy . From that passage on I quit reading the authors story and read just the veteran rockers story. Coming from a member of a band who had moderate success here in Canada,and to be honest from a band I had never heard of,I thought the author came off as bitter and jealous,especially of the Tragically Hip.

High Exposure: An Enduring Passion for Everest and Unforgiving Places
High Exposure: An Enduring Passion for Everest and Unforgiving Places
by David Breashears
Price: CDN$ 13.71
68 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Life in the Moutains, May 22 2009
Overall this was a good book about one man's life in the mountains.He brings to the pages a passion most people would envy in their jobs.His discriptions of the places he has been and the climbs he has made are very vivid.As someone who is interested in everything Everest I really enjoyed his narratives of his climbs on the mountain especially his account of the 1996 tragedy.The only thing I didn't like was the author seemed to be a little self agrandizing at times.He seemed to like putting himself at the fore front of most expeditions regardless of his place on said expeditions.

Long Way Round: Chasing Shadows Across the World
Long Way Round: Chasing Shadows Across the World
by Ewan McGregor
Price: CDN$ 12.24
66 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A Real Good Adventure, May 22 2009
After reading this book I was gungho to buy a bike and set off on an adventure of my own.Then I remembered I haven't owned or rode a bike for 20 years so I settled for reading this book which took me to places most people only dream of seeing.The diary style in which it was written was the only way the authors could take the reader with them on this tremendous journey.I am in the process of reading Long Way Down and it is already making me long for the open road and a good friend to enjoy it with.