Profile for Fernando > Reviews

Content by Fernando

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Fernando "TallicLizzy"

Page: 1 | 2
Beyond Magnetic (EP)
Beyond Magnetic (EP)
Price: CDN$ 10.27
10 used & new from CDN$ 1.79

5.0 out of 5 stars A great EP, Jan. 31 2012
This review is from: Beyond Magnetic (EP) (Audio CD)
If you're like me and followed the making of Death Magnetic on Mission Metallica, then you couldn't help but be disappointed when Death Magnetic came out. A great album, but there was indeed some really good material left off. Beyond Magnetic fills in the gap. While listening to this EP, I couldn't help but say to myself, "ooh I remember that!" and I'm sure you'll find yourself doing the same. The four previously unreleased Death Magnetic tracks are here in the same horrible Death Magnetic production. Look out for Rebel Of Babylon, it can get a bit thrashy. And if anyone is wondering where "Shine" is, it's re-titled Just A Bullet Away.

Renegade
Renegade
Price: CDN$ 21.43
7 used & new from CDN$ 21.42

5.0 out of 5 stars A rebel, a fool, an underrated album, Dec 18 2011
This review is from: Renegade (Audio CD)
Renegade is a very musically diverse album from the borderline metal Angel Of Death with it's eerie keyboard intro solo, to the jazzy track Fats. Some Thin Lizzy classics to come from this album in my opinion include Angel Of Death, Renegade, The Pressure Will Blow, and Hollywood. Those tracks alone should have been enough to gather at least a 3 star review from the "professional critics". If you read the review on AllMusisGuide, you will see a "critic" stating how the title track fails to "tug on the heart strings". That struck me as rather odd, as Renegade was as heavy as Lizzy could get before Thunder and Lightning. If any track on this album is meant to tug on the heart strings, it's It's Getting Dangerous. Here's some lyrics from the song.

"I remember him when we were friends, when we were young, way back then
But now we're all grown up and we're strangers
You see, bit by bit, part by part, we slipped and slipped
Till we'd grown apart and now we're strangers."

This was the second Thin Lizzy album I've ever listened to in full, and loved it. Fats and Mexican Blood are the only real detours if you're looking for straight up hard rock. Fats as I said above, is a jazzy track, with a great flow that is Would have been great on one of Phils solo albums as well as Mexican Blood, a more Spanish sounding ballad then Mexican, but I really don't care as I enjoy the song. Brian Downey, one of rocks most underrated drummers is as solid as ever, and truly shines on Angel of Death and the title track. Give Renegade a few listens and and judge for yourself. Don't listen to critics. Who cares if it's not the classic "Thin Lizzy sound", it's still a great album. 5/5 from me.

If you get this on CD, DO NOT GET THE WOUNDED BIRD REISSUE. Some of the worst crap I've heard in my life.

Thin Lizzy
Thin Lizzy
Price: CDN$ 14.62
30 used & new from CDN$ 6.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Re-Issue, Dec 18 2011
This review is from: Thin Lizzy (Audio CD)
There are some great tracks on here, and the remaster is great. None of that brick-walling crap here, and the bonus tracks are amazing, including the extremely rare single The Farmer, the New Day EP, and remixes. Definitely worth the purchase. Tracklist below

1. The Friendly Ranger at Clontarf Castle [03:02]
15. Things Ain't Workin' Out Down at the Farm (New Day EP) [04:32]
16. Look What the Wind Blew In' (1977 Overdubbed & Remixed Version) [03:22]
17. Honesty Is No Excuse (1977 Overdubbed & Remixed Version) [02:45]
18. Dublin (1977 Overdubbed & Remixed Version) [02:32]
19. Things Ain't Working Out Down at the Farm (1977 Overdubbed & Remixed Version) [03:58]

Philip Lynott Album
Philip Lynott Album
Offered by Vanderbilt CA
Price: CDN$ 38.95
4 used & new from CDN$ 11.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Genius, June 1 2011
This review is from: Philip Lynott Album (Audio CD)
This album is great from start to finish, but there some standout tracks such as Old Town, Growing Up, Yellow Pearl, Little Bit Of Water, Together, and Ode To Liberty (The Protest Song), well let me stop there before I list the entire album.

Solo In Soho
Solo In Soho
Price: CDN$ 16.99
34 used & new from CDN$ 6.37

5.0 out of 5 stars Solo In Soho, June 1 2011
This review is from: Solo In Soho (Audio CD)
I can't stress enough to the moron who rated this one star, don't expect Thin Lizzy part two, but this album has some great tracks. King's Call sounds like something off of Black Rose I must say, it'a great song. Dear Miss Lonely Hearts, Yellow Pearl, I just can't explain how much I love this album. Give it a listen.

Yellow Pearl-a Collection
Yellow Pearl-a Collection
Price: CDN$ 15.42
23 used & new from CDN$ 3.92

5.0 out of 5 stars We must all beware of the Yellow Pearl, well not really., June 1 2011
This a fine collection of Phil Lynott's two solo albums, and two rare b-sides, Somebody Else's Dream (from the Together single) and Beat of the Drum (from Old Town) were released here for the first time on CD. Well maybe not first as Beat Of The Drum and Somebody Else's Dream were on the The Boys Are Back In Town special limited edition compilation. The first 20,000 copies had the second CD, and well, they don't come cheap. Lynott's hit single with Gary Moore, Parisienne Walkways, and his last single release, Nineteen, are also on this disc. It reads "Extended Version", and well, it's not. It also comes with a booklet featuring photos and an essay by Malcolm Dome, a man I don't care for much since he's a bit of an idiot for one starring Renegade. I find it a little odd that Growing Up wasn't included on this, but oh well. It's worthy of being in your collection, especially for you Thin Lizzy/Phil Lynott fans. Track list below

01 - Yellow Pearl (Second 7" Remix)
02 - Dear Miss Lonely Hearts
03 - King's Call
04 - A Child's Lullaby
05 - Tattoo (Giving It All Up For Love)
06 - Solo In Soho
11 - The Man's A Fool
12 - Old Town
13 - Cathleen
14 - Little Bit Of Water
15 - Ode To Liberty (The Protest Song)
16 - Somebody Else's Dream
17 - Beat Of The Drum
18 - Nineteen
19 - Parisienne Walkways
20 - Yellow Pearl (First Version)

Shades Of A Blue Orphanage
Shades Of A Blue Orphanage
Price: CDN$ 12.06
18 used & new from CDN$ 5.26

5.0 out of 5 stars Son of a bitch, June 1 2011
Don't expect a rocking album here for the mostpart. It's very calm and soothing, but it's really good. It helps me relax and go to sleep, so I would recommend it. If you get the 2010 remaster, you have quite a bit of nice extras. Baby Face has a pretty kickass riff, as well as Call The Police. A few rockers in here. Worthy purchase in my book.

Chinatown
Chinatown
Price: CDN$ 16.31
42 used & new from CDN$ 6.30

5.0 out of 5 stars There's a Killer on The Loose!, June 1 2011
This review is from: Chinatown (Audio CD)
Great record. Don't miss out on it, there is alot more to Thin Lizzy then The Boys Are Back In Town. Trust me! Chinatown and Killer On The Loose are two instant classics. Didn't I is a very beautifully written romantic song, Having A Good Time is just uplifting and fun to jam out to. Fantastic album. A must listen.

Fighting
Fighting
Offered by Vanderbilt CA
Price: CDN$ 22.95
8 used & new from CDN$ 11.41

5.0 out of 5 stars Fightin!, June 1 2011
This review is from: Fighting (Audio CD)
I love this record. There are definitely some standouts, such as Rosalie and Wild One, and Suicide,but this record as a whole is just great. This is the album where Thin Lizzy truly transform into rockers, and we all know what followed this right?

Thunder And Lightning
Thunder And Lightning
Price: CDN$ 18.73
39 used & new from CDN$ 5.81

5.0 out of 5 stars Cold Sweat!, June 1 2011
This review is from: Thunder And Lightning (Audio CD)
Thunder & Lightning is a gem! This is a pretty metal album, don't expect the "classic" Thin Lizzy sound, but it is a pure masterpiece. The lyrics are great as always, amazing solos, great riffs. Not one weak song on this album. Can you see how much I love it?!? Get it now! It's a must listen. One word of advice. Do NOT get the Wounded Birds release. It sounds awful. Get this one. Sorry for all you wimps who can't handle the metal. Stick to Jailbreak and shut the hell up. [Still a 5 star album don't get my wrong]

Page: 1 | 2