Profile for Yorkieluvr > Reviews

Content by Yorkieluvr

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Yorkieluvr "yorkiemom" (Mountain, ON Canada)

Céline Dion: Through the Eyes of the World
Céline Dion: Through the Eyes of the World
DVD ~ Rene-Charles Angelil
Price: CDN$ 11.99
26 used & new from CDN$ 2.72

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome dvd, July 25 2010
I'm glad that I decided to wait for the DVD instead of seeing this film at the theater. The extra hour long footage made this DVD memorable. This is one DVD that will be part of my collection and will be retained for many future viewings. Céline has a talent and a warm-heartness that I'm very glad she shared with her fans.

Spooks: Adam Carter Revealed
Spooks: Adam Carter Revealed
by K udos
Price: CDN$ 12.37
12 used & new from CDN$ 0.23

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating read!, May 1 2010
This book describes Adam's early years and the reasons why he became a spy with Israel's Intelligence org. called Mossad and then MI-6. It is written through the eyes of Harry Pearce who was clearly quite fond of his late colleague. Harry was able to explain Adam's life from a child to a young man because, fortunately Adam's mother saved all the letters he wrote to her and to other friends and acquaintances. There are many twists and turns in Adam's life that inevitably brought him to MI-6 and explains why his life would have ended so early while in service to MI-5.

I look forward to the possibility of a sequel which would explain Adam's personal life after joining MI-6, and the years of service prior to joining MI-5. I want to better understand what made him take the chances in life he did, even after becoming the sole parent to his own son, Wes.

Hungry Girl: Recipes and Survival Strategies for Guilt-Free Eating in the Real World
by Lisa Lillien
Price: CDN$ 14.40
135 used & new from CDN$ 0.68

4.0 out of 5 stars Hungry Girl is hungry no more!, Dec 19 2009
This is a whole new way of eating... several small meals daily so that you never feel hungry. This book contains recipes under 400 calories per serving for any meal of the day. This is a new way of life and this approach is helping me plan my mealtimes and selecting healthier choices when dining out.

Hungry Girl: 200 Under 200: 200 Recipes Under 200 Calories
Hungry Girl: 200 Under 200: 200 Recipes Under 200 Calories
by Lisa Lillien
Price: CDN$ 15.85
128 used & new from CDN$ 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars You can't help but make the right choices!, Nov. 20 2009
The recipes in this book are easy, delicious and could change the way you live the rest of your life. There are so many tips and suggestions on how to cut down on calories and fat in the foods that you eat. It's opened my eyes to my past food selections so now I will make the right choices when planning my daily intake of calories. Even if I don't follow the recipes exactly, I'm still confident that I can select healthy alternatives.

2pc:Vol.2: the Dog Whisperer -
2pc:Vol.2: the Dog Whisperer -
Offered by M and N Media Canada
Price: CDN$ 60.35
4 used & new from CDN$ 39.13

1.0 out of 5 stars Misleading, Dec 10 2007
I find this item misleading to the highest degree as it professes to be from the Dog Whisperer which might lead one to think that it is from Cesar Milan. A closer inspection of the title and you will find that the word 'original' is added to the title but nevertheless it is, in my opinion, clearly deceptive to potential buyers. There is a lot of room in the field for a variety of animal behaviourists so one has to question the motives of someone who adopts the name of another. I think I'll stick with Cesar ... count me out of this one.