Profile for Yorkieluvr > Reviews

Content by Yorkieluvr

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Yorkieluvr "yorkiemom" (Mountain, ON Canada)

OEM Original Samsung AB463446BA Cell Phone Battery
OEM Original Samsung AB463446BA Cell Phone Battery
Offered by DollarCell
Price: CDN$ 9.13
3 used & new from CDN$ 8.98

5.0 out of 5 stars satisfied customer, July 13 2015
item arrived on time and in good working order

Replacement PANASONIC TV Lamp for TY-LA1001 by HMHLamps
Replacement PANASONIC TV Lamp for TY-LA1001 by HMHLamps
Offered by Exclusivebulbs-CA
Price: CDN$ 36.86
3 used & new from CDN$ 28.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Satisfied customer, July 13 2015
arrived on time and in good working order

Pet Zoom Sonic Pet Trainer
Pet Zoom Sonic Pet Trainer
Offered by BIC Warehouse - (Includes all tax and Duties)
Price: CDN$ 16.59
10 used & new from CDN$ 16.59

4.0 out of 5 stars This gadget may actual be the answer to my problem, July 13 2015
This review is from: Pet Zoom Sonic Pet Trainer (Misc.)
I have a 4 lbs yorkie who loves to bark at anything that moves too quickly. Although he doesn't have a loud bark, I do find it annoying and didn't want it to be equally annoying for my neighbours. I've tried a number of behavioural techniques in the past with no lasting success. I received this item on time and in excellent shape. I only needed to insert a 9-volt alkaline battery and it was ready to go. I was amazed when on the first try it worked. When Trace barked, I depressed the button for only one second and released it with the command "no bark" and he immediately ceased barking. I know he heard the gadget's frequency because he looked back at me startled as if to say, "what was that?" Now if you follow Cesar Millan's training techniques, you know that in order to break bad habits, you have to break their focus but that can be near impossible with a very small dog because they can be quicker than their alpha master, but this device is getting Trace's attention immediately. It's early days yet so I'll come back in a week or so and let you know what progress, if any, we've made in correcting his excessive barking. The reason for the 4 stars review today is that in order for this device to work, the device has to be between 6 to 20 feet from the dog or cat which means that you need to be around at the time of the bad behaviour you want to correct. The device has to be handy to you at all times but unfortunately there is no way to connect a lanyard to it to hang from a belt or neck so it must be in your pocket or hand in order for you to have access to it when need be. Fingers crossed that in a week or two Trace will be hardly barking and listening to the "no bark" command!

Céline Dion: Through the Eyes of the World
Céline Dion: Through the Eyes of the World
DVD ~ Rene-Charles Angelil
Price: CDN$ 19.99
29 used & new from CDN$ 8.42

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome dvd, July 25 2010
I'm glad that I decided to wait for the DVD instead of seeing this film at the theater. The extra hour long footage made this DVD memorable. This is one DVD that will be part of my collection and will be retained for many future viewings. Céline has a talent and a warm-heartness that I'm very glad she shared with her fans.

Spooks: Adam Carter Revealed
Spooks: Adam Carter Revealed
by K udos
Price: CDN$ 16.95
9 used & new from CDN$ 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating read!, May 1 2010
This book describes Adam's early years and the reasons why he became a spy with Israel's Intelligence org. called Mossad and then MI-6. It is written through the eyes of Harry Pearce who was clearly quite fond of his late colleague. Harry was able to explain Adam's life from a child to a young man because, fortunately Adam's mother saved all the letters he wrote to her and to other friends and acquaintances. There are many twists and turns in Adam's life that inevitably brought him to MI-6 and explains why his life would have ended so early while in service to MI-5.

I look forward to the possibility of a sequel which would explain Adam's personal life after joining MI-6, and the years of service prior to joining MI-5. I want to better understand what made him take the chances in life he did, even after becoming the sole parent to his own son, Wes.

Hungry Girl: Recipes and Survival Strategies for Guilt-Free Eating in the Real World
by Lisa Lillien
Price: CDN$ 14.98
81 used & new from CDN$ 3.76

4.0 out of 5 stars Hungry Girl is hungry no more!, Dec 19 2009
This is a whole new way of eating... several small meals daily so that you never feel hungry. This book contains recipes under 400 calories per serving for any meal of the day. This is a new way of life and this approach is helping me plan my mealtimes and selecting healthier choices when dining out.

Hungry Girl: 200 Under 200: 200 Recipes Under 200 Calories
Hungry Girl: 200 Under 200: 200 Recipes Under 200 Calories
by Lisa Lillien
Price: CDN$ 16.65
73 used & new from CDN$ 2.82

5.0 out of 5 stars You can't help but make the right choices!, Nov. 20 2009
The recipes in this book are easy, delicious and could change the way you live the rest of your life. There are so many tips and suggestions on how to cut down on calories and fat in the foods that you eat. It's opened my eyes to my past food selections so now I will make the right choices when planning my daily intake of calories. Even if I don't follow the recipes exactly, I'm still confident that I can select healthy alternatives.

2pc:Vol.2: the Dog Whisperer -
2pc:Vol.2: the Dog Whisperer -
4 used & new from CDN$ 60.23

1.0 out of 5 stars Misleading, Dec 10 2007
I find this item misleading to the highest degree as it professes to be from the Dog Whisperer which might lead one to think that it is from Cesar Milan. A closer inspection of the title and you will find that the word 'original' is added to the title but nevertheless it is, in my opinion, clearly deceptive to potential buyers. There is a lot of room in the field for a variety of animal behaviourists so one has to question the motives of someone who adopts the name of another. I think I'll stick with Cesar ... count me out of this one.