Profile for Lionel Marechal > Reviews

Content by Lionel Marechal

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Lionel Marechal "lionelm18" (Reston,VA)

La Llorona
La Llorona
Price: CDN$ 19.76
11 used & new from CDN$ 10.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album and the new one is out in europe, Dec 3 2003
This review is from: La Llorona (Audio CD)
Great album .. new melodies, new sounds and lhasa has a voice that I like a lot. Her new album is out in France and is as good as the first one with some songs in french and in english, the same voice , the same presence.

Pno Sons
Pno Sons
Price: CDN$ 68.59
22 used & new from CDN$ 51.34

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, Feb. 6 2000
This review is from: Pno Sons (Audio CD)
5 Stars do not mean an absolute reference (I love the one Kovacevitch is doing )but ... that it is at the top. I first put the first disc and was about to bring it back (sorry I love the first sonata by Gould .. and some others as well). Then listen to the Appassionata and found it was great. Then I listened to the 32th and really loved it. I like the second movement slow ... this is probably different as usually but that's why I like it. And it is the first time in my life I enjoy listening to the whole slow movement of the Hammerklavier (well almost te whole movement). It's warm. I went on gramophon web site first to read the critics. They slightly prefer the first record Barenboim did for EMI. I do not know about it. But I like this one. Barenboim is consistent in term of sound and approach that is the great point of bying the whole set (fist complete set of sonatas I buy) Try Kovacevitvh, give a try to Gould in the last sonata as well but those recordings are great!