march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Family
Profile for Mark > Reviews

Content by Mark

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Mark

Fitbit Surge Fitness Superwatch, Black, Large
Fitbit Surge Fitness Superwatch, Black, Large
Price: CDN$ 329.95
2 used & new from CDN$ 329.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great HR & GPS watch, May 19 2016
I was hesitant to buy this after hearing about the HR lawsuit but after consumer reports stood by their rating I decided to give it a shot.
some background, I was in the market for a GPS running watch with 24/7 HR tracking. Many running watches only track HR during activity and don't measure resting heart rate. There aren't a ton of watches in this segment that fit my needs so with some hesitation I bit the bullet and went for it and I'm so glad I did!

I've been on several runs now and the GPS finds a signal very quickly, on my last run it found a signal in under 10 seconds. the HR is accurate and have done a few tests here. it is reliable! You need to wear it exactly as the instructions say and you won't have any problems. 3 fingers up from the wrist during an active run. Light should not be allowed in between the LED and your skin, follow the instructions and it works great.
the step tracking seems fine but to be honest I'm not interested in counting my steps or tracking my sleep. I needed a solid athletic watch with auto-uploads via bluetooth, gps and HR tracking and I am satisfied!

Le Pan TC 970 9.7-Inch Multi-Touch Google Android Froyo 2.2 OS
Le Pan TC 970 9.7-Inch Multi-Touch Google Android Froyo 2.2 OS
2 used & new from CDN$ 86.02

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Android Tablet Around, Sept. 7 2011
I stumbled across this tablet when it was on the 'deal of the week'. I was in the market for a tablet/ereader and the price was RIGHT, so I decided to look into it but after much searching online for reviews, product information, videos, etc I found hardly anything. The few reviews I found and comments on Amazon, Tiger direct, were all positive. I decided to buy it anyways and was really worried because of the low price.
I received it from Amazon and put it to work immediately. Let me just say, this is AMAZING!

The screen quality is stellar (really crisp, great color quality, vivid)
capacitive, multi-touch screen (not one of those beyond terrible/obsolete Resistive garbage screens)
The build quality feels premium
The power button is fine (apparently a problem for lots of people??)
Full android market access (not a slimmed down version, or carrier regulated)
1.58GB internal storage readily available for apps
Battery life is much better than expected
Pure Google tablet, no skins, and no interference from Le Pan

Runs on Android 2.2, presumably up-gradable to Ice Cream sandwich in Q4, but I'm not holding my breath, and really I don't care, froyo does all you need, flash and the ability to move apps to SD is all I need.
I never write reviews for products, but I wanted to be one more for people like me that are considering buying but searching for reviews first.
You won't be disappointed with this tablet.
Even at the current price it's a huge steal! buy a 16gb microsd card for 15$ and you've just saved $300 off a comparable tablet.
It goes to show you that you don't need to spend $500 for a premium tablet
Congrats to Le Pan, this is a quality tablet! Really happy I dove in and decided to purchase!!
I'd highly recommend this for anyone in the market for an android tablet.