Profile for Sophie Veilleux > Reviews

Content by Sophie Veilleux

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Sophie Veilleux "Female Miyazaki Lover" (Canada)

Page: 1 | 2
Williams Tadotherland #2 River Of Blue Fire
Williams Tadotherland #2 River Of Blue Fire
by Tad Williams
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: CDN$ 9.49
73 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Okkk, March 17 2010
Hmm for some reason this book doesn't capture me as much as the first one did... maybe it drags on too much? Still good and neat ideas in it, but only halfway through it and can't seem to read more than 3 or 4 pages a night..

Karate Kid Collection Box Set (Karate Kid SE,Karate Kid II, Karate Kid III, Next Karate KId (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Ralph Macchio
Price: CDN$ 9.97
26 used & new from CDN$ 6.47

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Great Great!, March 17 2010
Got this collection for my boyfriend at Christmas since he is so into Karate. I had never seen them before and I truly enjoyed watching each one for the first time. They are the originals and this is a great collection for those who grew up with this back in the day.

Where the Wild Things Are / Max et les maximonstres (Bilingual)
Where the Wild Things Are / Max et les maximonstres (Bilingual)
Price: CDN$ 6.99
32 used & new from CDN$ 1.94

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible!, March 17 2010
I rented this with an open mind. At first I thought the movie was ok, but I quickly thought the music was too overpowering and became a nuisance. When he travels to the forest and meets the Wild things, I still thought it was interesting. But as the movie dragged on and on and on with no real substance, I completely checked out. I thought it was ridiculous and boring and finally decided to turn it off. I NEVER turn off movies, I always finish them, even if I don't like them. But this movie was just too much for me. I read the book as a child and it should have remained just a book, in my opinion..
I guess it's hard for me now to enjoy a kid's movie like this when Miyazaki movies far surpass any other kid movie out there.

15 Christmas Favorites
15 Christmas Favorites
Offered by Round3CA
Price: CDN$ 0.10
15 used & new from CDN$ 0.09

2.0 out of 5 stars WHAT??, Nov. 26 2009
This review is from: 15 Christmas Favorites (Audio CD)
I purchased this item from Amazon and it came to me with the same songs but the title was christmas by the Fireside, Romantic songs for two in love. I bought this CD for my dad for christmas!! So much for that!

NEW Neverending Story (DVD)
NEW Neverending Story (DVD)
Offered by Fulfillment Express CA
Price: CDN$ 15.65
18 used & new from CDN$ 3.68

5.0 out of 5 stars Brings me back to my childhood, Sept. 30 2009
This review is from: NEW Neverending Story (DVD) (DVD)
I saw this movie when I was very young and since then I have never forgotten it. It is such a classic, everyone I know loves this movie, it's so different and magical! It still gives me shivers to think about it, too bad the second movie was terrible!

The Fifth Element
The Fifth Element
DVD ~ Bruce Willis
Offered by Fulfillment Express CA
Price: CDN$ 26.21
55 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, Aug. 27 2009
This review is from: The Fifth Element (DVD)
This is pretty much my favourite movie from back in the day. It has everything I look for in a movie, action, romance and it's sci-fi. Chris Tucker is hilarious and I never get tired of watching this movie! Everyone should at least see it.

The Island (Sous-titres français) [Import]
The Island (Sous-titres français) [Import]
DVD ~ Ewan McGregor
Price: CDN$ 10.92
15 used & new from CDN$ 1.98

5.0 out of 5 stars So Captivating!, Aug. 26 2009
This is such a good movie! I didn't buy it off this site so I guess the quality of my movie was better than the other reviews say.. This movie had everything I enjoy, romance (great for the ladies), action (great for the men) and it's a sci-fi (great for everyone)! Makes you feel all of breath because of the suspense.

Otherland 01 City Golden Shadow
Otherland 01 City Golden Shadow
by Tad Williams
Price: CDN$ 16.35
38 used & new from CDN$ 0.39

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun Sci-Fi, Aug. 26 2009
I love science fiction so this gives me what I like. Many different stories are going on throughout the book but it keeps it interesting because you don't know what's going on until the end. It makes you want to keep reading to know what happens next and is hard for me because I read it before bed and end up reading too late!

World Without End
World Without End
by Ken Follett
Price: CDN$ 17.56
101 used & new from CDN$ 4.03

4.0 out of 5 stars Great read, Aug. 26 2009
This review is from: World Without End (Paperback)
This was a good book to read through for a couple of months. I had read the first one and enjoyed it so I decided to buy this one too. It has a mixture of war, hate, jealousy, revenge, love, friendship and perseverance. Although it was slow at some points, the suspense made me not want to put the book down. It gives you a good idea of what living in those days was like and I also learnt a thing or too about the plague :) The passing of time always bothers me at the end of his books because it is too quick but I understand that without moving to the future we would be left wondering what would have happened.

Howl's Moving Castle (Bilingual)
Howl's Moving Castle (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Jean Simmons
Price: CDN$ 23.88
28 used & new from CDN$ 15.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, Aug. 26 2009
Prior to this movie, I had seen Spirited Away and Totoro and those had completely made me fall in love with Miyazaki movies. Then I found this one and bought it without ever seeing it before and I of course also loved it! The magic that Miyazaki brings to his movies is what gets me. They are so unique and special and I feel like I can't get enough of them.
All the characters are developed so well that you get a real sense of who they are. The wizard was self absorbed but you could tell he had a heart. The little boy was wise beyond his years but also fun and insecure. The fire had a deeper sense of humour but was a softy at heart. Sophie was responsible and loving to everyone. The scarecrow was reliable, friendly and persistant, also funny to see him pop up randomly in the movie.
Overall this movie is wonderful for all ages and is well worth any price you pay for it.

Page: 1 | 2