march boutiques-francophones snsflyout Kitchen Unlimited cloud storage Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools ca_ty_gno
Profile for Mary Gina Machado > Reviews

Content by Mary Gina Machado

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Mary Gina Machado "Gina Book" (Brampton)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
The Nightingale
The Nightingale
Offered by Macmillan CA
Price: CDN$ 10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, April 28 2016
This review is from: The Nightingale (Kindle Edition)
A beautiful story and also very sad. Well written and a page turner. I definitely recommend this book and Kristen Hannah is a great story teller. At times it is hard to read but KH keeps hope alive.

Secrets She Kept
Secrets She Kept
Price: CDN$ 9.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Good story but for me it was just too religious ..., March 9 2016
This review is from: Secrets She Kept (Kindle Edition)
Good story but for me it was just too religious at the end so I skipped that part of the book. I have read better on this subject without the religious preaching. If you are into that kind of thing then you will give this book more stars.

A Rock Fell on the Moon: Dad and the Great Yukon Silver Ore Heist
A Rock Fell on the Moon: Dad and the Great Yukon Silver Ore Heist
Price: CDN$ 14.71

3.0 out of 5 stars I thought I would have liked it better but overall it was good, April 15 2015
This was an OK book. I thought I would have liked it better but overall it was good.

Where the Light Falls
Where the Light Falls
Offered by Penguin Group USA
Price: CDN$ 6.99

2.0 out of 5 stars I'm finding this book tedious. This book lacks interest, April 15 2015
I'm finding this book tedious. This book lacks interest. The characters are dull and lifeless to me. I'm just trying to get through it because I bought it.

Luis Suarez: Crossing the Line - My Story
Luis Suarez: Crossing the Line - My Story
Offered by Hachette Book Group Digital, Inc.
Price: CDN$ 4.99

3.0 out of 5 stars he did some not so good things but some things were blown out of proportion, April 15 2015
The book was OK. I learned a bit about some of the soccer teams in which Luis played. The book kept me interested but not to the point that I couldn't put it down. I do believe that Luis has taken a lot of abuse. Yes, he did some not so good things but some things were blown out of proportion.

Whistling Past the Graveyard
Whistling Past the Graveyard
Offered by Simon & Schuster Canada, Inc.
Price: CDN$ 16.99

4.0 out of 5 stars nice story, Dec 3 2014
I loved the characters and the story was lovely. It was an easy read and had a good message. I would recommend this book.

The Blackhouse: The Lewis Trilogy
The Blackhouse: The Lewis Trilogy
Offered by Hachette Book Group Digital, Inc.
Price: CDN$ 9.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Very good police mystery, Nov. 29 2014
Very good police mystery. I actually prefer a great mystery instead of a police one because they tend to become sort of the same but this is what it is and if you like those kind of books then you would probably give it another star. The characters are likeable and the past is interesting and of course the setting is good.

The Life We Bury
The Life We Bury
Price: CDN$ 9.59

3.0 out of 5 stars good read, Nov. 28 2014
This review is from: The Life We Bury (Kindle Edition)
I liked the main character and the story was good. This was an easy read. The story kept going along at a good pace. The side story about the brother was also good.

Sweetland
Sweetland
Offered by Random House Canada, Incorp.
Price: CDN$ 13.99

4.0 out of 5 stars cold, Nov. 6 2014
This review is from: Sweetland (Kindle Edition)
The book is vivid in it's bleak setting. The story is well told. The characters are well rounded and it is a brutal description of great proportion all around. Very sad story and tells the tale of how one can become irrational. Great Canadian tale. I loved the atmospheric cold that I could feel when reading in front of a cozy fire.

The Keeper of Lost Causes: The First Department Q Novel (Department Q Series Book 1)
Offered by Penguin Group USA
Price: CDN$ 13.99

4.0 out of 5 stars unique, Sept. 10 2014
The mystery was unique and the characters were good
This was a good police story and kept one guessing as to why and what was going on

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4