Profile for Mary Gina Machado > Reviews

Content by Mary Gina Machado

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Mary Gina Machado "Gina Book" (Brampton)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
The Perfume Garden: A Novel
The Perfume Garden: A Novel
Offered by Macmillan CA
Price: CDN$ 10.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Tedious, July 21 2016
Like so many books this story is bogged down by dialogue. The dialogue is tedious and superficial. So many writers stuff their books with words that mean nothing. Give me a good story told beautifully.

Mrs. Poe
Mrs. Poe
Offered by Simon & Schuster Canada, Inc.
Price: CDN$ 16.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, June 27 2016
This review is from: Mrs. Poe (Kindle Edition)
I liked the spooky plot. It is a story of suspense and also one can see the way the world was then and the morals of the time. Many people suffered illnesses in those times.
I would read more from this author.

The Sisters of St. Croix
The Sisters of St. Croix
Price: CDN$ 7.39

4.0 out of 5 stars Great and a nail biter, June 20 2016
This book is a great story and suspenseful as well. Very enjoyable and interesting. I enjoyed the characters. A good read.

Incidents in the Life of Markus Paul
Incidents in the Life of Markus Paul
Offered by Random House Canada, Incorp.

4.0 out of 5 stars The good, bad and ugly, June 10 2016
This is a story of good and bad men. If only there were open minds. The story gives us both sides of people.

I Let You Go
I Let You Go
Offered by Penguin Group USA

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, June 2 2016
This review is from: I Let You Go (Kindle Edition)
I liked the atmospheric style of the book. The sea spoke to me. The story was good and kept me turning pages. The sub plot was fine.

Charleston: A Novel
Charleston: A Novel
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers CA
Price: CDN$ 16.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring, May 27 2016
Lame excuse for a book. I skipped so much of the book and decided I couldn't continue and I hate buying a book and not finishing it. There was too much dialogue and it was lame. Some of the dialogue was-did you sleep well-and-yes I did, did you?
Anyway, not for me.

Poppet (Jack Caffery series Book 6)
Poppet (Jack Caffery series Book 6)
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers CA
Price: CDN$ 9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great mystery, May 25 2016
Lots of twists and turns. Kept me reading. It was hard to put down. I will read more of this author. Characters are well developed.

The Marauders: A Novel
The Marauders: A Novel
Offered by Random House Canada, Incorp.

5.0 out of 5 stars Edge of your seat, May 19 2016
Great book and great writer. This is a page turner. I couldn't put it down. Looking forward to reading another book by this author. The author makes you feel the heat of the bayou and the terrors of the night. Very atmospheric and great character development.

Ray Davies: A Complicated Life
Ray Davies: A Complicated Life
Price: CDN$ 12.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Long and dry, May 5 2016
Way too much information. This book read like an encyclopedia. No emotion. Writing an encyclopedia does not a good writer make. I did not need to know about the political state of England and all the rest of this information. That is a different story. All the long words do not make a writer tell a good story. Too much and no emotion. Artists are about emotions. How can you make the story of the Kinks dull. This writer did and used a thousand pages to do so.
Three words.
Way too long!!!

The Nightingale
The Nightingale
Offered by Macmillan CA
Price: CDN$ 10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, April 28 2016
This review is from: The Nightingale (Kindle Edition)
A beautiful story and also very sad. Well written and a page turner. I definitely recommend this book and Kristen Hannah is a great story teller. At times it is hard to read but KH keeps hope alive.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5