Profile for cluekid > Reviews

Content by cluekid

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

"cluekid" (Lawrenceville, GA USA)

Broadway's Lost Treasures
Broadway's Lost Treasures
DVD ~ Julie Andrews
Offered by OMydeals
Price: CDN$ 117.51
9 used & new from CDN$ 17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars It was seeing a Broadway festival in my living room!, Jan. 3 2004
This review is from: Broadway's Lost Treasures (DVD)
I really enjoyed this DVD, mainly because it introduced me to some musicals I'd never heardof, and it let me view footage of performances that I had heard of but had been performed before my time. I was exited to see Chita Rivera and Gwen Verdon doing a medly from Chicago, my favorite musical. I had heard them on the original cast album but had never dreamed if seeing them perform it! I also enjoyed "If I Were a Rich Man" from Fiddler on the Roof, which is the soring musical my school is doing thic year. I loved the movie Cabaret and really enjoyed seeing Joel Grey performing this as it had been done on Broadway, quite different from the movie's rendition of "Willkommen". I also enjoyed, for possibly the first time, "Tomorrow" from Annie, because that was the first "good-sounding" version I've heard, it wasn't as nasally as the versions in the movies. Overall, this DVD gave me a Broadway experience that I may never get to see. Plus, I like seeing things done by the originals.

Roxie Hart
Roxie Hart
VHS
5 used & new from CDN$ 15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars ROGERS ROCKS CHICAGO!!, Dec 26 2003
This review is from: Roxie Hart (VHS Tape)
I got this movie for Christmas yesterday and I love it! I have seen the movie "Chicago" many times and have seen the Broadway musical many times on a tape I have. This is probably the most likeable of all of them because it's clean. They had to follow the Hays Code with motion pictures back then, so that certainly added to its cleanliness. The movie is a version of "Chicago" that all members of the family can enjoy, unlike the current movie and stage show which are only appropriate for ages 13 and up. Ginger Rogers seems perfect for Roxie because she gives off believable innocence, unlike Reinking or Zellwegar who not only killed their lovers, but also were too fake for the role. Reinking talked too fast and Zellwegar was just not the right choice. Rogers is a great Roxie, because she is just like the one in the original play, even though the musical's version is based on Rogers's incarnation. This is my favorite type of movie anyway because I'm a fan of old black&white movies.

Clue (Widescreen) [Import]
Clue (Widescreen) [Import]
DVD ~ Eileen Brennan
Offered by marvelio-ca
Price: CDN$ 5.01
23 used & new from CDN$ 1.50

5.0 out of 5 stars I finally get to see the trailer!(contains easter-egg hints), July 23 2003
This review is from: Clue (Widescreen) [Import] (DVD)
Okay, so the special fetures are limited, and the feature of viewing whichever ending you want is well hidden, but the movie still makes me laugh, even when I've got the whole thing memorized! I love the feature where the disc chooses one ending at random to show you, because that is the best way to watch "CLUE". The trailer contains some deleted scenes which I wish they would have included with the hidden special features menu. (to get there, watch the movie with one ending picked at random, then, when it's back at the menu, go to the trailer and go down. The magnifying glass will light up, and you can watch whichever ending you want.) I give it ten stars.

Clue Mysteries: 15 Whodunits to Solve in Minutes
Clue Mysteries: 15 Whodunits to Solve in Minutes
by Vicki Cameron
38 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Good. But not as good as the old series., July 1 2003
Clue Mysteries is a great book. I love how the character names and motives are the same ones given in their character descriptions on the insert in the game box. But, the comedy falls short to the comedy in the now out-of-print book series created by A.E.Parker. The mysteries are well written, and much longer than those of the original series. I really love the way Cameron describes the discovery of Mr.Boddy's body in each chapter. It's like,"Oh look. Here's John with a big, bloddy dagger sticking out of his back. Let's have some tea." So casual. Plus, at the end of each mystery, one suspect will point to another and accuse them just like in the board game. To make a long story short, too late, I'm looking forward to the sequal due out in September, and will definitely be buying it!

Chicago (Movie): Vocal Selections
Chicago (Movie): Vocal Selections
by Fred Ebb
Price: CDN$ 15.69
26 used & new from CDN$ 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to play, but fun to have!, June 20 2003
You don't need to play the piano to enjoy this book. With 8 pages of picture, it's pretty enjoyable. Plus it has the lyrics, and the different stage ending for "cell Block Tango".

Love, Lucy
Love, Lucy
by Lucille Ball
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: CDN$ 9.89
74 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than the TV movie!, June 1 2003
This review is from: Love, Lucy (Mass Market Paperback)
I saw the TV movie "Lucy" on CBS and loved it. When I found this book, I figured it would be like the movie, so I bought it. It is NOTHING like the movie! The movie barely tells you 1/4 of the stuff Lucy tells you in her book. Plus, the movie shows her being in a play in her hometown before she went into modeling. In the book, she develops rheumatoid arthritis and is sent home for a while, heals, and then does the play. I give the book 5/5 and the movie 4.5/5.