Profile for S. Fleeton > Reviews

Content by S. Fleeton

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

S. Fleeton

Lonely Planet The Travel Book 1st Ed.: 1st Edition
Lonely Planet The Travel Book 1st Ed.: 1st Edition
by Lonely Planet
32 used & new from CDN$ 0.20

5.0 out of 5 stars The Travel Wish Book, Sept. 13 2009
Absolutely spectacular photographs! This book is bigger than I expected, and it has more information than I could have hoped for. All the world's countries are presented in alphabetical order with maps, photos, and pertinent information. For each country, the book lists:
-Best time to visit (visit India in November - March when it's cooler)
-Essential experiences (watching King penguins at Volunteer Beach in the Falkland Islands)
-Getting under the skin (drinking Inka Kola, bubble-gum flavoured fizz in Peru)
-In a word (Yokwe yuk - love to you - traditional greeting in the Marshall Islands)
-Trademarks (shipwrecks in the Cayman Islands)
-Surprises (no traffic lights in Bhutan's capital, Thimphu)
This is a fabulous, attention-getting book. We have browsed through it several times, and it has made us want to visit places which we had previously never considered. It is definitely a Wish Book for travel.

DietMinder Personal Food & Fitness Journal
DietMinder Personal Food & Fitness Journal
by Frances Wilkins
Edition: Spiral-bound
Price: CDN$ 15.95
16 used & new from CDN$ 9.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Know what you eat!, Dec 2 2008
This nicely-designed 3-month journal is a fabulous resource for anyone who is dieting. My daughter uses it for weight maintenance, my sister uses it for weight loss, and I use it to monitor my special diet. There are sections for recording daily breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks, also calories, fat, carbs, protein and fibre. It's a great way to see if you are eating too much or too little of any particular food group, and knowing what you eat is the first step to adjusting your diet. Wonderful!

Dog Whisperer S1 Comp [Import]
Dog Whisperer S1 Comp [Import]
DVD ~ Cesar Millan
Offered by importcds__
Price: CDN$ 17.40
22 used & new from CDN$ 5.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Must-see for dog owners!, Dec 2 2008
Cesar's influence on dogs is amazing to see - dogs respond to him almost immediately. Cesar is the leader of his own pack of dogs, and he understands dogs as pack animals. He uses his knowledge to assess and rehabilitate "problem" dogs, and rehabilitating owners is part of that process. I have learned so much from watching Cesar as he deals with "problem" dogs. I have changed the way I treat my own dog, and I have had nothing but positive results.