countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more scflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools
Profile for Katrina > Reviews

Content by Katrina

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Katrina (Edmonton, Alberta)

Asmodee Editions Splendor Board Game
Asmodee Editions Splendor Board Game
Offered by Rarewaves-CA
Price: CDN$ 50.90
94 used & new from CDN$ 50.90

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite game!, May 6 2016
We LOVE this game! My kids (ages 9-13) play with my husband I all the time. I like how easy it is to play, and there are different ways to strategize!

Ototo Nessie Soup Ladle
Ototo Nessie Soup Ladle
Offered by ChackLong
Price: CDN$ 3.59
22 used & new from CDN$ 1.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Get what you pay, April 18 2016
This review is from: Ototo Nessie Soup Ladle (Kitchen)
Flimsy neck /handle, but cute novelty item.

Pillow Inserts - 100% Polyester Fibre Filled - Regular Shell (4-Pack) (20" x 20")
Offered by HomeTex
Price: CDN$ 40.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, April 18 2016
Week packaged! Very soft and full pillows.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Little disappointed, May 15 2015
This is a really cool piggy bank/toy, and I'm sure my son will love it. However, it's very loud when operating and you have to have the coin hanging halfway over the dish so that the dog can actually reach it and knock it in the bank. It needs 2 AA batteries, not 6 as listed. Disappointed in value.

Alba Botanica Pineapple Enzyme Facial Cleanser, 237ml (Pack of 2)
Alba Botanica Pineapple Enzyme Facial Cleanser, 237ml (Pack of 2)
Offered by Pharmapacks
Price: CDN$ 29.16
5 used & new from CDN$ 28.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this stuff! Good for sensitive faces, too!, June 25 2014
I've used this face wash before. It's got a nice smell, and gives even sensitive skin {such as mine}, a fresh clean!! I love it most in summer, to get all the sunscreen and sweat off! Amazon's price is the cheapest I've seen- even sale prices!

Wild Swans: Three Daughters of China
Wild Swans: Three Daughters of China
by Jung Chang
Price: CDN$ 17.00
95 used & new from CDN$ 0.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Memoir, Aug. 16 2006
I read this book while living/working in China, in 2001. The headmaster of the school where I was teaching, actually lent me the book. It's banned in China, of course, so I was shocked when I saw it on his shelf. He too was scorned by the Cultural Revolution, and I've often wondered how his story would have read. I found that the Chinese are very tight-lipped about what they truly think on political matters, and the history of China... communism, moreso! This being said, reading a memoir such as this, was very informative. I can't even imagine going through such hardships. It's no wonder the Chinese are very resilient people! To be honest, I can't blame them for keeping their thoughts to themselves, knowing how the history of that country. Powers were constantly shifting, and a few words which were the right thing to say at one time, would have to incriminated then next (after powers shifted once again). The book certainly helped me to understand why China is the way it is today! I had a lot more empathy for the Chinese people as a whole.

I still find myself looking at an elderly Chinese person, and wondering what their life was like when they were younger. Every one of them could write a memoir which would be equally as gripping as this one.

This book is excellent. I loved it, and couldn't put it down. I've lent it out many times, and plan to read it again!