Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage Personal Care Cook All-New Kindle Paperwhite Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store NFL Tools
Profile for fishface42 > Reviews

Content by fishface42

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

fishface42 "fishface42" (Toronto, Canada)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Depend Shields for Men, 58 Count
Depend Shields for Men, 58 Count
Price: CDN$ 19.99
4 used & new from CDN$ 19.99

3.0 out of 5 stars GREAT ABSORBANCY. POOR ADHESIVE., July 8 2015
5 stars for absorbancy and odor control. 1 star for the adhesive--doesn't stay stuck to my briefs. I am adding a square of dual-sided carpet tape [1 1/2" square] to the top of shield. That holds firmly.

Depend Guards for Men, Max Absorbency, 52 Count
Depend Guards for Men, Max Absorbency, 52 Count
Price: CDN$ 12.97

3.0 out of 5 stars ADHESIVE FAULTY. USE CARPET TAPE., July 8 2015
The absorbing material is excellent. The adhesive is not. I find they don't stick to my briefs. I use two-sided carpet tape. A 2 sq. inch piece applied to the top of the pad holds it firmly in place. I find that the area covered gets hot and humid--quite uncomfortable. I am so pleased they brought out the lighter weight Shields which are adequate for leaks and dribbles, say during a sneeze. Same adhesive issue, same remedy.

Positively Change Your Life - For Men: Subliminal Self-Help
Positively Change Your Life - For Men: Subliminal Self-Help
by Audio Activation
Edition: Audio Cassette

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT SELF-HYPNOSIS: MR. BANTAM, PLEASE REISSUE., July 8 2015
I love this whole line and bought most of them when they came out in 1987. Currently I listen daily to Slim Forever as motivation to keep off the 45 pounds I lost three years ago. [I bought the last of the Sony tape deck players to use them.] I find these tapes profoundly relaxing and often use one to fall asleep. I wish Bantam would reissue them in any format. On the tapes the Voice refers to tape, a retro reference; but who cares? Reissue them anyway.

Source Naturals Bromelain, 500Mg, 120 Tablets (Pack Of 2)
Source Naturals Bromelain, 500Mg, 120 Tablets (Pack Of 2)
Offered by Maple Leaf Naturals
Price: CDN$ 41.99
3 used & new from CDN$ 36.44

3.0 out of 5 stars GO WITH FRESH PINEAPPLE, June 29 2015
Who knows? My surgical nurse recommended eating lots of fresh pineapple to speed recovery from surgery. I decided to up the ante with this supplement made from pineapple stems. Reports on efficacy are largely anecdotal with no gold standard research trials. I'll finish the bottle of supplements and then stick to daily fresh pineapple in my lunch smoothy.

KC, at Bat
KC, at Bat
Price: CDN$ 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars NOT ONE FALSE NOTE, June 29 2015
This review is from: KC, at Bat (Kindle Edition)
This Bildungsroman joins a distinguished tradition. In this information age, we meet the narrator Charlie as he experiences two homophilic starter relationships. The first is a default boyfriend through other lack of opportunity in upstate New York. The second, the eponymous and cunningly named KC (at Bat) is a totally unexpected windfall for Charlie. KC is a hunky baseball wizard heading for the pros. His one wrinkle: he is unconflictedly gay but must hide it from his teammates. He has a sexually predatory and influential coach he has had to play ball with, so to speak. KC develops an unlikely attraction for the cerebral Charlie who is headed to Dartmouth. In the internet age all the characters know which end is up. The author is conversant with every nuance of the "gay scene" and of the emotional tugs on maturing young men. This is no gay Cinderella story, but the ending is convincing if a little melancholy.

Sod Seventy!: The Guide to Living Well
Sod Seventy!: The Guide to Living Well
Price: CDN$ 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars SOD 70! British for SCREW 70!, June 23 2015
The title announces that this very useful guide to aging well is British in its allusions. But no matter. Almost all of the sensible suggestions equally apply to our side of the puddle. Physicians and therapists would do their patients a service by supplying it to them.

The Bishop's Wife (A Linda Wallheim Mystery)
The Bishop's Wife (A Linda Wallheim Mystery)
Price: CDN$ 14.55

4.0 out of 5 stars ENTERTAINING MYSTERY AMONG MORMONS, June 23 2015
A lightweight entertaining read. The bishop in question is Mormon, and for me the chief point of interest is the author's first-hand depiction of Mormon life. Rated PG.

La Roche-Posay Anthelios SX Daily Moisturizing Cream SPF 15 with Mexoryl SX,  3.4-Ounces
La Roche-Posay Anthelios SX Daily Moisturizing Cream SPF 15 with Mexoryl SX, 3.4-Ounces
14 used & new from CDN$ 32.88

5.0 out of 5 stars WORKS FOR MY CHINESE CRESTED DOGGY, June 23 2015
I got this for my dog, a hairless Chinese Crested, after noting that she was tanning under her supposedly sunprotective custom-made tee shirt. The sunscreen prescribed for her was any brand, PSF 15, without scent. Since I happily use La Roche Posay 60 sunblock, I went with this 15 with different chemicals. Doggy tolerates it well, so Daddy is gratified.

The Book of Joan: Tales of Mirth, Mischief, and Manipulation
The Book of Joan: Tales of Mirth, Mischief, and Manipulation
Offered by Random House Canada, Incorp.
Price: CDN$ 14.99

2.0 out of 5 stars THE BOOK OF MELISSA, June 23 2015
I entirely concur with little lady blue's review of May 16, 2015. It is embarrassingly (to Melissa) obvious that this is her last chance to squeeze a few more bucks out of her association with Joan. The book is "as inspired by my mom" meaning much of the material is invented in a forced and unfunny way. While Melissa's being recruited to write this book while exiting the memorial service might be amusing in a Joan routine, here it is shockingly crass. The later chapter about Joan's relation to Melissa's son Conner is characterisically as much about Melissa as the other two and could be summed up in two paragraphs. After that I was skimming to the end. I suggest Melissa send all of Joan's material to an archive and cease trying to plunder it, since something is lost in her iteration. Overpriced. Buy it from a clearance table (so to speak).

Rubbermaid Blue Ice Weekender Pack
Rubbermaid Blue Ice Weekender Pack
Offered by Urban Inspirations
Price: CDN$ 32.60
6 used & new from CDN$ 26.34

5.0 out of 5 stars INCREDIBLE PRICE. JUST BUY SOMETHING ELSE FOR $25., May 14 2015
Work perfectly. Stay cold a long time if you freeze them in ultra-cold freezer, then use in closed insulated bags. With two to a bag I can buy frozen foods and have them sit in a summer-hot car trunk for a few hours while I do other errands.
NOTE: The $25 dollar (or more) item must come from Amazon, not a third-party seller.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10