Profile for Eric R Fisher > Reviews

Content by Eric R Fisher
Top Reviewer Ranking: 276

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Eric R Fisher "fishface42" (Toronto, Canada)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Zevia Zero Calorie Soda, Cherry Cola, 12-Ounce, Pack of 24
Zevia Zero Calorie Soda, Cherry Cola, 12-Ounce, Pack of 24
Price: CDN$ 27.96

3.0 out of 5 stars "Vegan, Kosher and Gluten-Free, Zero Calories; All Natural" HOT DAMN!, July 23 2014
DRUM ROLL . . . SO'S WATER. I see no point to any soda pop, sugared or otherwise. These Zevia sodas are a reasonable simulation of the sugared varieties. I find all artificial sweeteners teasers, keeping one's sweet fixation alive. And the various ingredients run from innocent to suspect to carcinogenic [caramel coloring]. I ordered a case of this diet cherry soda and addictively finished it in no time. It's the same price at Bulk Barn at 99 cents a can, sold singly. Once you accustom yourself to all-natural gluten-free vegan kosher halal WATER with or without meals, you come to like it.

Zevia Zero Calorie Soda, Cream Soda, 12-Ounce, Pack of 24
Zevia Zero Calorie Soda, Cream Soda, 12-Ounce, Pack of 24
Price: CDN$ 27.96

3.0 out of 5 stars SODA POP IS GARBAGE., July 23 2014
I see no point to any soda pop, sugared or otherwise. These Zevia sodas are a reasonable simulation of the sugared varieties. But the various ingredients run from innocent to suspect to carcinogenic [caramel coloring]. Once you accustom yourself to water with your meals, it works just fine.

Ritz 78719 Express Yourself Real Men Wear Aprons Apron, Red
Ritz 78719 Express Yourself Real Men Wear Aprons Apron, Red
Price: CDN$ 16.99
5 used & new from CDN$ 16.99

4.0 out of 5 stars STURDY APRON, July 23 2014
I am indifferent to the allegedly humorous message, only wanting a sturdy well-made apron to protect my clothes in the kitchen. Most online aprons are a ridiculous price with stupid messages. This one was from the cheapest source and I waited 3-4 weeks for it. The slide through adjustable neck loop is part of the waist ties. I put a few stitches on each side to fix it in place. Next time I will shop at a restaurant supply store and cut the wait.

Canon MX922 All-in-One Business Inkjet Printer
Canon MX922 All-in-One Business Inkjet Printer
Price: CDN$ 99.94
8 used & new from CDN$ 99.94

5.0 out of 5 stars FABULOUS MACHINE ONCE SET UP, July 23 2014
But setup is the rub. Luckily I have a wizard AV genius who can set up anything. Consumer Report top-rated it. The multiple capabilities of this machine are awesome. It does everything well ONCE SET UP. The wi-fi capability really complicates the setup. The fax feature requires a separate telephone line or you can just plug it into your landline, which it interferes with, when you are going to use it in or out [which in my case is almost never]. This printer is obviously a loss leader for the expensive ink to follow. But as Tony Soprano says: "Aw f--k it, what're you going to do?!"

100 Simple Things You Can Do to Prevent Alzheimer's and Age-Related Memory Loss
100 Simple Things You Can Do to Prevent Alzheimer's and Age-Related Memory Loss
Offered by Hachette Book Group Digital, Inc.
Price: CDN$ 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars WOKE UP AND SMELLED THE COFFEE, July 23 2014
I downloaded this book when it came out after reading a review in a local newspaper. Then it just sat in my iPad until I was ready to read and apply it. At age 70 I started to apply the suggestions. I quit drinking, overeating, eating too much salt, sugar, and fats. I took up oats, greens, berries, nuts, kefir etc etc. I went to the gym almost daily for cardio, weights, yoga, elliptical. Long story short: I lost 50 pounds, reached goal weight which I have maintained for 2 years. My life-long low-grade depression has lifted, and I have never felt so well in my life. It all started with this book--and didn't finish there. I have read Dr. David Agus' A Short Guide to a Long Life and The End of Illness (original longer version) and In Defense of Food: An Eater's Manifesto by Michael Pollan. These latter books are consistent with 100 Simple Things. [P.S. Moderate doses of caffeine ok.]

Russell Stover No Sugar Added Assorted Fruits Hard Candy 510g
Russell Stover No Sugar Added Assorted Fruits Hard Candy 510g

1.0 out of 5 stars GREAT PRODUCT, OUTRAGEOUS PRICE, May 23 2014
Shoppers Drug Mart has this for $6-7 dollars. This is not the first price trap I have seen on this site.

Velcro 90198 2 Inches x 15-Feet Roll Industrial Strength Sticky-Back Hook and Loop Fasteners (White)
Price: CDN$ 37.30
14 used & new from CDN$ 24.03

5.0 out of 5 stars NEED 2 PLIERS TO PULL APART, April 28 2014
OK, I exaggerate. But this is the strongest velcro fastening I have ever experienced. I used two 1" [complementary] pieces to stabilize my iPad Snugg flap for increased stability and it sure does the job. I got white since this was all that was on offer. Another time I would have got black--less eye catching. But this 15' roll will be a lifetime supply.

Dry Mouth Solution 120 Ml
Dry Mouth Solution 120 Ml

1.0 out of 5 stars LUDICROUS PRICE, April 28 2014
I don't hate the product which I haven't even tried yet, but I do hate the vendor. I bought this today at Loblaws Drugstore, Maple Leaf Gardens, for $9.49 + HST. This is not the first time I have seen an outside vendor (not Amazon) try to snare the naive with an outlandish price.

Steven Raichlen SR8008 18-Inch Sauce Mop with Removable Head
Steven Raichlen SR8008 18-Inch Sauce Mop with Removable Head
Price: CDN$ 9.99
7 used & new from CDN$ 9.99

1.0 out of 5 stars SCIMPY MOP HEAD, March 6 2014
I have been searching for a dish mop with a thick clump of cotton at the business end that could, for instance, fill a drinking glass to really clean it. No such luck. The Scotch one you see everywhere is thin. So I figured a BBQ mop [this one] would be fuller. Nope. Back it goes.

Scotch-Brite Dish Mop
Scotch-Brite Dish Mop
Price: CDN$ 3.99

1.0 out of 5 stars SCIMPY, March 2 2014
I bought one of these elsewhere and found the mop end so thin as to render it useless. I checked Amazon.ca for a dish mop with a thicker crown and, low and behold, just found this again. I have had dish mops in the past with 2-3 times the mop head.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7