ARRAY(0xbfab3144)

Profile for Eric R Fisher > Reviews

Content by Eric R Fisher
Top Reviewer Ranking: 223

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Eric R Fisher "fishface42" (Toronto, Canada)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Steven Raichlen SR8008 18-Inch Sauce Mop with Removable Head
Steven Raichlen SR8008 18-Inch Sauce Mop with Removable Head
Price: CDN$ 9.99
4 used & new from CDN$ 9.99

1.0 out of 5 stars SCIMPY MOP HEAD, March 6 2014
I have been searching for a dish mop with a thick clump of cotton at the business end that could, for instance, fill a drinking glass to really clean it. No such luck. The Scotch one you see everywhere is thin. So I figured a BBQ mop [this one] would be fuller. Nope. Back it goes.

Scotch-Brite Dish Mop
Scotch-Brite Dish Mop

1.0 out of 5 stars SCIMPY, March 2 2014
I bought one of these elsewhere and found the mop end so thin as to render it useless. I checked Amazon.ca for a dish mop with a thicker crown and, low and behold, just found this again. I have had dish mops in the past with 2-3 times the mop head.

The Way to Cook
The Way to Cook
by Julia Child
Price: CDN$ 37.58
37 used & new from CDN$ 13.25

1.0 out of 5 stars KILLER 1, March 2 2014
This review is from: The Way to Cook (Paperback)
This is the way to cook yourself into an early grave a la Paula Dean, only French-style. Give this style of cooking a pass and save your life.

Omron HJ 112 Digital Pocket Pedometer
Omron HJ 112 Digital Pocket Pedometer
Price: CDN$ 29.99
4 used & new from CDN$ 29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars JIM DANDY, March 1 2014
Excellent appliance. I followed Consumer Report's warm recommendation and am not sorry. This pedometer can be carried either loose in your pocket or clipped to a belt. There is an additional safety clip so that you don't lose it if it jumps off your belt. The consciousness raising a pedometer creates is quite extraordinary. Put it on as soon as you rise in the morning and you will be surprised how many steps you take just around the house, especially if you are moving up and down stairs. I wear it when I ride a stationary bicycle for an hour, bringing my total steps to over 10,000 for the day. Success. At midnight it resets to zero and you start over the next morning.

Mastering the Art of French Cooking, Volume I: 50th Anniversary
Mastering the Art of French Cooking, Volume I: 50th Anniversary
by Julia Child
Price: CDN$ 28.22
38 used & new from CDN$ 20.37

1.0 out of 5 stars KILLER 2, March 1 2014
Mon Dieu! I just read the biography "Bertie, a life of King Edward VII of Great Britain. Despite his talents he was a true voluptuary. He developed an eating disorder--suicide by knife and fork (plus cigars). When he needed a surgery on his abdomen to lance a giant pustule, the surgeon sliced through 4 inches of blubber. Question: Do you eat to live or live to eat? If the latter, forget this cuisine.

Michael Tolliver Lives
Michael Tolliver Lives
by Armistead Maupin
Price: CDN$ 17.61
50 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars DISAPPOINTING, March 1 2014
This review is from: Michael Tolliver Lives (Hardcover)
"Tales of the City" was such a delight. And the picaresque stringing of a series of hugely entertaining vignettes created a necklace of delights. NOW, OMG, a PLOT! A consistently dull (Florida) story line without much point.

Hoover Type Y Envirocare Brand Allergen Microlined Vacuum Bags - 9 in a pack
Hoover Type Y Envirocare Brand Allergen Microlined Vacuum Bags - 9 in a pack

4.0 out of 5 stars CHEAPER THAN SEARS, March 1 2014
What can I say? They are sturdy vacuum bags that perform as expected. Buying a big box of these saves trips to Canadian Tire and works out cheaper.

Newman's Unquiet Grave: The Reluctant Saint
Newman's Unquiet Grave: The Reluctant Saint
Price: CDN$ 9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars FOR TRUE BELIEVERS, March 1 2014
Lord Black of Crossharbour is enamored enough of Cardinal Newman to have commissioned a bronze bust of him for his office. I am not so enamored, especially after reading this bio. I am a thoroughly lapsed High Anglican; Newman played a pivotal role in the Church of England's reclaiming its Catholic heritage. And then he "went over to Rome" as we used to say. As history this bio appears to be first-rate; I am a general reader. As a, subjectively speaking, "read," it was for me an often tedious slog. I found the various characters, including Newman, tiresome and unsympathetic; of course this is a totally subjective assessment. Others like Lord Black may adore them. The fine distinctions of theology were largely lost on me. All that said, I do admire Newman's superhuman (ha ha) persistence in pursuing his principles and the enormous sacrifices he made to stay the course even under the most vicious opposition from his supposed co-religionists in the Holy Roman Church. Amen.

Tech Armor Apple iPad Air (Generation 5) Premium High Definition (HD) Clear Screen Protector with Lifetime Replacement Warranty [2-PACK] - Retail Packaging
Offered by Tech Armor CA
Price: CDN$ 8.95

1.0 out of 5 stars I GIVE UP, March 1 2014
I ordered this hoping that it might mute the hypersensitivity of the touch-screen. (If there is a setting for this I couldn't find.) Bottom line: I watched the installation videos repeatedly, really followed every suggestion, and still SCREWED IT UP. Both sheets. OK, I AM A KLUTZ! Anyway, I have sent it back for a refund.

Krups  Fast Touch Blade Grinder
Krups Fast Touch Blade Grinder
Price: CDN$ 29.99
9 used & new from CDN$ 19.49

5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT COFFEE EVERY TIME, March 1 2014
My 20-year old Braun round coffee mill kicked off and I looked for a replacement. Today's Braun model is incredibly expensive, so I kept looking and found this. It essentially works the same. The design innovation lies in its being oval rather than round; this prevents clumping in the middle with the round design. With a coffee grinder you depend on its settings for the fineness of the grind, never fine enough for me. With this coffee mill, I just keep the lever at right depressed until the whining noise gets so high that my coffee is a fine powder with some oil rendered, at maybe 45 sec. There is no hazard to using my finger to scoop out what sticks. This way I get maximum value of strong coffee made from my Whole Foods whole beans, my one extravagance. Of course, it also works to grind poppy seeds and spices, with thorough cleanup before returning to coffee.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6